Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase verification....maybe?

tag
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

Chase verification....maybe?

My wife applied for the Zappos card a couple of weeks ago and received the 7-10 day.
5 or 6 days ago it showed in her online acct at 5k.
Yesterday she received a letter asking for ID to be mailed in for identity verification.
Today the card shows and activates just fine.
I might call to see if the verification needs to be completed or should I leave well enough alone?
NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Chase verification....maybe?

I would say call, since they did ask for verification.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Call them and find out...don't want it closed because you didn't send in the info they wanted.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, call them.  Don't let it slide. Chase is weird.  You'd be shocked that failure to verify can get the account closed although it has been approved.

Message 4 of 7
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

I'm going to pop the copies in the mail tonight.
I just find the whole thing a cart before the horse deal.
Chase has been great to us both and I don't want mess it up
NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 5 of 7
celticslegends
Frequent Contributor

@woodyman100 wrote:
My wife applied for the Zappos card a couple of weeks ago and received the 7-10 day.
5 or 6 days ago it showed in her online acct at 5k.
Yesterday she received a letter asking for ID to be mailed in for identity verification.
Today the card shows and activates just fine.
I might call to see if the verification needs to be completed or should I leave well enough alone?

Good to know that the 7-10 day message doesn't mean automatic decline as others have mentioned on here. I have a 7-10 day Marriott pending and am going to let it slide this time without contacting lending. Hopefully it pops up in my account like it did for your wife. 

Starting score from CU: (11/13) 520
Recent Scores: TU FICO 08 (7/15) 693; (8/15) 701 | EQ FICO 08 (7/15) 671 | EX FICO 08 (8/15) 684
Goal Score: (Oct '15) 700+
Cards: Cap 1 Venture Signature $5000 Limit | UFCU Visa Plat $4000 Limit | Cap 1 Quicksilver WMEC $5000 Limit | Walmart Store Card $6000 Limit | Amazon Prime Store Card $6000 Limit | Barclays Rewards $1500 Limit | Amex EveryDay Card $2000 Limit | Chase Slate $3000 Limit |
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@woodyman100 wrote:
I'm going to pop the copies in the mail tonight.
I just find the whole thing a cart before the horse deal.
Chase has been great to us both and I don't want mess it up

Good decision...

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.