Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase will not select another bureau for a recent application

tag
HeilFico
Regular Contributor

Chase will not select another bureau for a recent application

I was able to get them to pull Transunion last year for both my CSP and Slate applications. This was due in part to not wanting a ton of inquiries on Experien. Now after 3 phonecalls they will not budge on changing to Transunion from Experian. Looks like they have tightened down a bit. Anyone have any recent experiences with getting them to switch the bureau the computer selects?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase will not select another bureau for a recent application

@HeilFico wrote:

I was able to get them to pull Transunion last year for both my CSP and Slate applications. This was due in part to not wanting a ton of inquiries on Experien. Now after 3 phonecalls they will not budge on changing to Transunion from Experian. Looks like they have tightened down a bit. Anyone have any recent experiences with getting them to switch the bureau the computer selects?

Thanks!

It all depends on if they have a contract with TU vs EXP. If they do not have a contract with TU, then no luck.

Message 2 of 15
skigirl916
Established Contributor

They have pulled each of the three CRAs for me.

When I spoke with them last week about a CLI (I HUCA'd three times), each person told me the same thing: they pull a new CR for each application/request, and the computer does it at random. They cannot control it.
Message 3 of 15
HeilFico
Regular Contributor

Guess something changed since last September. It took some effort, but not like this.

Message 4 of 15
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

@HeilFico wrote:

Guess something changed since last September. It took some effort, but not like this.

perhaps they put a note in your file that the next one will have to be EX... if you want credit you have to play by their rules sometimes, you escaped it a couple times allready, its up to you to decide if its worth it or not. 

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 5 of 15
skigirl916
Established Contributor

@HeilFico wrote:

It doesn't surprise me that any CCC would modify how they process applications, especially 14 months later.

Message 6 of 15
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Chase has always pulled 2 CR for me EX + TU. I doubt it will ever change. BoA is pretty willing to pull alternate reports but it pretty much comes down to which CR their computers want to see.
Message 7 of 15
enharu
Super Contributor

@jamesdwi wrote:

@HeilFico wrote:

perhaps they put a note in your file that the next one will have to be EX... if you want credit you have to play by their rules sometimes, you escaped it a couple times allready, its up to you to decide if its worth it or not. 

+1. it's likely that you have been notated in their systems.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 8 of 15
Involver
Valued Contributor

Got my CSP in early October with a TU pull only via pre-approval.
Message 9 of 15
370Z
Frequent Contributor

@B335is wrote:
Chase has always pulled 2 CR for me EX + TU. I doubt it will ever change. BoA is pretty willing to pull alternate reports but it pretty much comes down to which CR their computers want to see.

Same here. Chase double pulled EX + TU on my last 6 apps. Anyone who gets a single pull on any report consider yourself lucky.

EQ8 817 (2/24) EQ9 850 (1/24) EX8 837 (3/24) EX9 842 (3/24) TU8 819 (3/24)
Chase_Hyatt|10k|15.24%|6/13 * Amex_Hilton|10k|13.99%|8/13 * Chase_IHG|10k|15.24%|1/14 * Chase_Ink$|12k|13.24%|5/14 * NFCU$|46k|9.65%|12/14 * Amex_ED|10k|12.99%|1/16 * Citi_Custom$|45k|15.24%|4/16 * Merrill+|68k|12.99%|2/17 * Amex_BB+|10k|15.24%|3/18 * PenFed_Pathfinder|29.4k|12.74%|9/18 * WF_Autograph|25k|16.99%|7/19 * AODFCU_VS|22k|7.49%|4/20 * Chase_Ritz_Carlton|48.5k|15.99%|10/21 * Amex_BB$|42k|13.24%|8/22 * Redstone_FCU_VS|10k|12.00%|6/23 * C1_VX|30k|14.74%|1/24
Gone: CSP, AA x3, Ink+, Premier, CSR, CFU, CF, AARP, Limitless
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.