Established Contributor

Re: Citi 6 Month CLI

Congrats

Message 11 of 36
DarkScythe
Valued Member

@jm00ser wrote:

Asks for Income and amount, and asks to authorize them to check your report. It is only a soft pull. One poster mentioned they wanted a CLI for PT purposes. In this case I'd call and (hopefully) get someone who can help you, might be more lenient with that reason in mind.

Is this gauranteed to be a soft pull all the time, assuming you go with the counter offer?

I've gotten conflicting information about Citi's Luv button when I was doing searches over the past few months, so I was hesitant on trying it out.

Some people say it would show you an auto-CLI amount if you were eligible before you entered any information.

Basically, entering information in this CLI form will not result in a hard pull unless you push for the max CL, is that correct?

Message 12 of 36
EaglesFan2006
Established Contributor

So I see the "Request CLI" form on the Citi website where it asks for your income, etc.  However, I'm not at the 6 month mark quiet yet.  I actually remember seeing this same form under Customer Service on the website before the re-design.  I haven't submitted this form since I think it would qualify as a hard pull.  So what I'm asking is, when the six month mark does come, does the luv button appear somewhere else?  Will this form look otherwise different?

Message 13 of 36
JusdoNit
Established Contributor

congrats

Starting Score: 722
Current Score: Now 687 what the hockey sticks...from a 784 (Aug 12 EX 751 EQ Fico)
Goal Score: 800

If your outGo is more than your INcome than your UpKeep will become your downFALL.

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 14 of 36
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

@EaglesFan2006 wrote:

So I see the "Request CLI" form on the Citi website where it asks for your income, etc.  However, I'm not at the 6 month mark quiet yet.  I actually remember seeing this same form under Customer Service on the website before the re-design.  I haven't submitted this form since I think it would qualify as a hard pull.  So what I'm asking is, when the six month mark does come, does the luv button appear somewhere else?  Will this form look otherwise different?

You can fill out the form before 6 month mark, but you will get automatic denial once you submitted the form.

Message 15 of 36
jwduke
Regular Contributor

Interesting, I read this post, and thought what the heck! I have a $7,000 CL. Well I hit the request a CLI , and asked for for a $3000 CLI, heres the answer I received-

Dear edited

Congratulations! We are pleased to approve your request for a higher credit limit on your account. Your new credit limit is $10000 and is already available for your use.

If you have any further questions about your account, please call us at 1-800-950-5114 or visit Account Online at www.citicards.com.

We value you as a customer and appreciate the opportunity to serve your financial needs.

Sincerely,

Credit Management

Please note, you will also receive this notice online or in the mail.

I nearly fell out of my chair! Thanks, to the OP for posting this!!!

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: FICO- 798 (02/21/18)
Goal Score: 800+ All Three

Message 16 of 36
EaglesFan2006
Established Contributor

Congrats! How long did you have the card open?

Also, does the form look any different at the 6 month mark?
Message 17 of 36
DarkScythe
Valued Member

@DarkScythe wrote:

Is this gauranteed to be a soft pull all the time, assuming you go with the counter offer?

I've gotten conflicting information about Citi's Luv button when I was doing searches over the past few months, so I was hesitant on trying it out.

Some people say it would show you an auto-CLI amount if you were eligible before you entered any information.

Basically, entering information in this CLI form will not result in a hard pull unless you push for the max CL, is that correct?

Well, I guess no one can or wants to answer this, so I will answer this for anyone else who has the same question..

I just tried it out, against my better judgement, and was immediately denied with no counter offer, and it looks like they may have pulled EQ.. Smiley Sad

So, it doesn't seem to be a guaranteed soft pull on this form.

Message 18 of 36
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

@EaglesFan2006 wrote:

Form have always been the same. I filled out that form about 5 times now.

Message 19 of 36
jwduke
Regular Contributor

@EaglesFan2006 wrote:
Congrats! How long did you have the card open?

Mine has been open for 10 months.....I didn't really notica any difference. I think it took Citi 30 minutes to approve...Wonder how Chase is for CLI'S?

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: FICO- 798 (02/21/18)
Goal Score: 800+ All Three

Message 20 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.