Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi 7 day message

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi 7 day message

Hello all, I got a little bored and unfortunately itchy (bad spell of luck lately) and pull the trigger on a citi simplicity. I received a message that further processing was needed and I would have an answer in one week. I called the recon line and was told a specific department was reviewing my app and that I should get an answer within one week. I thought it was weird the recon line didn't answer one way or another. Any thoughts on my chances?
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Re: Citi 7 day message

@Anonymous wrote:
Hello all, I got a little bored and unfortunately itchy (bad spell of luck lately) and pull the trigger on a citi simplicity. I received a message that further processing was needed and I would have an answer in one week. I called the recon line and was told a specific department was reviewing my app and that I should get an answer within one week. I thought it was weird the recon line didn't answer one way or another. Any thoughts on my chances?

My own Citi application last year was similar to this... it took forever (nearly a month from app to card delivery).

I also called them after a couple of weeks and was also told my app was still being considered, only to get an email a few days later asking me to call (and that my app would be canceled if I didn't!).  It turned out OK in the end, though.

You can read about my experience here:  http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Approvals/Citi-App-Still-Pending-Update-Approved/td-p/4620746

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi 7 day message

Thank you for taking the time to share your story! We'll see what happens Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.