cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi American Airlines Advantage Denial WHAT?! SHOCKED!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi American Airlines Advantage Denial WHAT?! SHOCKED!

Citi sends me pre Qaulification junk in the mail literally every day, sometimes for multiple different cards in the same day. My score is low to mid 700's at every bureau. So I'm like what the hell I'll take them up on the offer. DENIED. I was extremely frustrated with the decision considering I have very good credit in my opinion. Perfect payment history, don't carrry a balance ever. Have 10K+ in available credit from other cards all with zero balance. no collections anything. The crazy thing is I was debating between this card and the capital one venture one card. Credit karma told me my chances for approval were "good" with city and "fair" with the capital one. So I chose citi. Mistake. So I'm like well I have a good relationship with capital one with my quiksilver card and car loan so I applied even though my chances were "fair" because I was reading reviews where people with a lot worse credit BK's etc getting approved for 10K. I applied and instantly approved for a 2k limit. Then I'm like well I already ran my credit twice today may as well do it a third time with Discover for the IT card because they've been harrassing me as well. Instantly approved for 6k. So I'm like what gives Citi? I called for a recon and was told I was denied for too many inquiries, I have 8. 4 because I broke up with my ex and had to refinance house and 2 from refinancing my car. I also just got the southwest card and Delta card in the past 6 months because I'm going to be doing a TON of traveling next year and wanted the sign up bonus.

End rant. but really 8 Inquiries? Anybody else get denied from Citi for such a small offense?

Also I'm new here guys. How do I get those cool signatures with the cards and limits you have? I would like to add it. Thanks!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Re: Citi American Airlines Advantage Denial WHAT?! SHOCKED!

@Anonymous wrote:

Citi sends me pre Qaulification junk in the mail literally every day, sometimes for multiple different cards in the same day. My score is low to mid 700's at every bureau. So I'm like what the hell I'll take them up on the offer. DENIED. I was extremely frustrated with the decision considering I have very good credit in my opinion. Perfect payment history, don't carrry a balance ever. Have 10K+ in available credit from other cards all with zero balance. no collections anything. The crazy thing is I was debating between this card and the capital one venture one card. Credit karma told me my chances for approval were "good" with city and "fair" with the capital one. So I chose citi. Mistake. So I'm like well I have a good relationship with capital one with my quiksilver card and car loan so I applied even though my chances were "fair" because I was reading reviews where people with a lot worse credit BK's etc getting approved for 10K. I applied and instantly approved for a 2k limit. Then I'm like well I already ran my credit twice today may as well do it a third time with Discover for the IT card because they've been harrassing me as well. Instantly approved for 6k. So I'm like what gives Citi? I called for a recon and was told I was denied for too many inquiries, I have 8. 4 because I broke up with my ex and had to refinance house and 2 from refinancing my car. I also just got the southwest card and Delta card in the past 6 months because I'm going to be doing a TON of traveling next year and wanted the sign up bonus.

End rant. but really 8 Inquiries? Anybody else get denied from Citi for such a small offense?

Also I'm new here guys. How do I get those cool signatures with the cards and limits you have? I would like to add it. Thanks!

Welcome to myFICO!  welcome.gif

I'm sorry your Citi application didn't work out.  Citi is well-known to be "particular" about inquiries; I personally had to 'plan' my own app with them so that I would have maximum chance for approval... even then it took weeks and I ended up with a $4k credit line, which is a bit lower than my others.

Give it a little time and you'll be able to get your Citi card with no problem.  Smiley Wink

As for the signature icons, you'll need to wait until your rank is a little bit higher, but that doesn't take long.  Here's a link that tells how to do it: http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/SmorgasBoard/THIS-IS-HOW-YOU-ADD-CREDIT-CARD-PICS-TO-YOUR-PROFILE/td-p/2262839

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.