Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi CLI's

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi CLI's

Slightly off topic here, but has anyone had success with reconning a Citi SL?  Say you get approved for one of their cards, the DC for example, with a SL of $8k but you really want a $10k limit.  If you call them up immediately after approval, can you bump that $8k limit to $10k?  If yes, would it definitely be a HP or could it be done with a SP?  Thanks.

Message 21 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Will most likely be another HP. Citi doesn't typically recon SL
Message 22 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

My 6 months just passed. Just requested a CLI on my Prestige and Preferred(just did a pc to it from the premier). Got a 7,500 increase on the prestige and an increase of 1,900 on the premier. Definitely a good day!
Message 23 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 24 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got one in 60 days (1,400). I also didn't try before that even though I saw it was going to be a sp I waited any way.
Message 25 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've had my Citi DC at a small-ish for almost a full year now and still have no luck. It's always a SP. I'm wondering if they're like AMEX in that they will start you small, but if your scores don't go up a lot, they won't consider you for any CLI. 

I'd love to go hire with them, but not enough to ask for a HP yet. I have other stuff I'd like to use a HP on first and am not one to have 20 HPs on my report.

Message 26 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

I really want a CLI because my SL was $7900. It triggers my OCD that it isn't a rounded number like 8000, heck even 7500 wouldn't be making me itch like this. I keep checking the site but the language still states it will be a HP. 

Message 27 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.