Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi CLI's

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi CLI's

Anyone try for CLI's within first month of approval and would it be soft pull?

Thanks

Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi CLI's

There's one recent post about someone getting a SP increase quickly. Can't remember if it was under one month, but I'm almost certain it wasn't quite 2. It is normally not that quick with them, though
Message 2 of 27
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

I got a $1200 SP CLI at about 90 days on Diamond Preferred.  I thought that was fast.

Message 3 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

It depends, if they ask you what's your desire CLI, then its a soft pull. Otherwise, HP

Message 4 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah it asks for desired amount and income.  I'll wait and play the 6 month game if need be, but if SP is available now I'd want to jump on it.

Message 5 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

From my own experience I got a bit brave and pulled the trigger a month early on my DC asking for a cli in less than 5 months. I was instantly approved for a 1200 increase(my original limit was 700 increased to 1900) they said I could ask for more at the cost of a pull. I asked for 1100 and was approved.

Don't know if that helps at all, but that how it worked for me. I did use the card pretty heavyou and PIF every month. YMMV may vary, of course but the 6 month threshold seems more like a guideline than a rule.
Message 6 of 27
GetMeSlick
Established Contributor

i always look for the words "credit report will not be pulled for this request". then straight away , i will go and submit for cli. 

On my citi dc card, i think i received the first CLI in less than 60 days. but after that, my second cli approval came more than 180 days later.

4/2024 FICO TU-840|EX - 838|EQ -840
Total Credit - $535K+
Starting Score: 640
Current Score: 840
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Gardening since Mar/2024
Message 7 of 27
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

It depends, if they ask you what's your desire CLI, then its a soft pull. Otherwise, HP

For my wife and I at least, this is the other way around.  Right now, mine says:

It's easy to find out if you qualify for a credit limit increase. A credit bureau report will not be requested and you will receive an instant decision.

Personal Information

* Total Annual Income:

* Monthly Mortgage/Rent Payment:

For a hard pull, it states that a report will be requested and asks for a specific requested amount.  Another thing to keep in mind is that even if the soft pull language above is there, Citi will not grant a SP CLI if you have received a CLI in the past 6 months.

Message 8 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

I will wait

Message 9 of 27
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@K-in-Boston wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

For my wife and I at least, this is the other way around.  Right now, mine says:

It's easy to find out if you qualify for a credit limit increase. A credit bureau report will not be requested and you will receive an instant decision.

Personal Information

* Total Annual Income:

* Monthly Mortgage/Rent Payment:

For a hard pull, it states that a report will be requested and asks for a specific requested amount.  Another thing to keep in mind is that even if the soft pull language above is there, Citi will not grant a SP CLI if you have received a CLI in the past 6 months.

+1

Same here... for the SP CLI it gave me a set amount; if I wanted to specify the amount (i.e. ask for more) it would be a HP per the disclosure.

Message 10 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.