cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi CLI wait period - 6 months or 180 days?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi CLI wait period - 6 months or 180 days?

With spending levels like that, you shouldn't have any problem when your time comes. I've gotten better a percentage with a lower spend.
Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

But how was your history with Citi?  From what I've read, those that have had their accounts longer have had better results with CLIs.  I'm curious if my limited history will hold me back.  I've only had the card for nearly 3 months and this will be my first CLI request once 6 months hits.  I have no previous history with Citi either.

I'd like to hear some first-CLI data points (~6 months in) from those that have requested one with a new Citi account if anyone is reading this.

Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

But how was your history with Citi?  From what I've read, those that have had their accounts longer have had better results with CLIs.  I'm curious if my limited history will hold me back.  I've only had the card for nearly 3 months and this will be my first CLI request once 6 months hits.  I have no previous history with Citi either.

I'd like to hear some first-CLI data points (~6 months in) from those that have requested one with a new Citi account if anyone is reading this.

I got my DC in Nov '15. I know it was about 9 months til I even tried for a CLI. Started out with 1500, got a 1500 bump on my first CLI, then in April of this year, it was bumped to 4400. I had a BT on it for a while and then some paltry spend. I've not really focused on building this card. 

Message 13 of 15
credit_endurance
Valued Contributor

I am seriously thinking about taking a hp to increase mine. I recently set up some small auto bill pays to go through it. Im about 3 months away from my next request although I do hit the button just for kicks from time to time of course no dice!. Probobly should wait until next sp request recieve that then ask for additional credit line. 

Starting FICO08 Scores 2016 All in the mid 500’s
Current FICO08 Scores SEP 2023 (TU 834) (EQ 831 (EXP 831)

“The credit is no longer bruised, it has endured the test of time” (formally know as bruisedcredit)

Message 14 of 15
Jerry45
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm about 3.5 months away from my Citi DC being 6 months old.  SL was $7300.  Anyone think I'll be able to bring my limit to $10k with hitting the button?  Spend will be about $3k/cycle with the final cycle perhaps close to $5k.  Thanks for any opinions on this.

I received a CLI when my citicard was only 3 months old. Go to the CLI page and check the language and see if it will be a soft pull. If so it will say we will not request a review of your credit etc..

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.