Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Card Recon

tag
unc0mm0n1
Established Contributor

Citi Card Recon

I know alot of people don't think Reconing Citi is worth it but I was hoping that you guys could give me some advice on the best way to do it. I was rejected for the Citi AA Business Card. The reason given Bankruptcy and derogatory payment history. I pulled my equifax report and none of those things are on there. I have never been bankrupt or missed any payments. My plan is as follows. 

Send documents to the executive office including:

1) Equifax Credit Report (this is the one they pulled).

2) copy of pay check stub (verifying income).

3) Copy of my two other Business Cards. 

4) Copy of Drivers License.

5) Letter explaining why this is a mistake and I should be granted the card.

6) Credit score from Citi (EQ), Walmart (TU), AMEX (EX) My score ranges from the 730s to the 750s.

Am I missing anything, am I sending too much? Should I call first? Is there a good EO number for Citi?

Last App March 23, 2015. Gardening until November 25, 2015
Current Score: 766 EX 734 EQ 780 TU 6/30/2015Starting Score/Goal Score: 580s/780s across the board
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
ibmrad7
Established Contributor

Re: Citi Card Recon

That's exactly what I did. Sent two recent pay stubs and last year's W2 along with a letter with bold note at the bottom stating "No more hard pulls". 45 days later I got my card.

Good luck!!!

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@unc0mm0n1 wrote:

I know alot of people don't think Reconing Citi is worth it but I was hoping that you guys could give me some advice on the best way to do it. I was rejected for the Citi AA Business Card. The reason given Bankruptcy and derogatory payment history. I pulled my equifax report and none of those things are on there. I have never been bankrupt or missed any payments. My plan is as follows. 

Send documents to the executive office including:

1) Equifax Credit Report (this is the one they pulled).

2) copy of pay check stub (verifying income).

3) Copy of my two other Business Cards. 

4) Copy of Drivers License.

5) Letter explaining why this is a mistake and I should be granted the card.

6) Credit score from Citi (EQ), Walmart (TU), AMEX (EX) My score ranges from the 730s to the 750s.

Am I missing anything, am I sending too much? Should I call first? Is there a good EO number for Citi?

If you haven't already I'd be giving them a call. If there's nothing on your report that was pulled let a human sort it out.

Message 3 of 11
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Have you called the EO yet? They may not even ask for all of that but I think you have a good plan in the event they do. I would dial the 800 number first. They usually take your info then speak to a Senior Underwriter, then get back to you in 1-2 business days. I've had good results with Citi EO.
Message 4 of 11
unc0mm0n1
Established Contributor

Can you provide me with the 800 number? 

Current Score: 766 EX 734 EQ 780 TU 6/30/2015Starting Score/Goal Score: 580s/780s across the board
Message 5 of 11
taxi818
Super Contributor

I thought in most cases citi will do a double pull. EX and EQ. how does your ex look. hope you don't have hp on it. don't know where citi came up with you having a bk. if you did not have one.

Message 6 of 11
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

I just called the number in Helpful Threads http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/Backdoor-Numbers/m-p/408066
866-336-7285
Message 7 of 11
unc0mm0n1
Established Contributor

Thanks so much.

Message 8 of 11
merlinflex
Frequent Contributor

What was the outcome of your call to recon???

Message 9 of 11
unc0mm0n1
Established Contributor

I called too late. You have to call before 5. I'll call tomorrow.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.