Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Costco App Pending - Question

tag
heather06
New Contributor

Citi Costco App Pending - Question

So I apped for Citi Costco yesterday and got the "processing message".... :{

Called in today and spoke to a really nice CSR who pulled up my file and said that there were a few other things they needed to process on their end and it would be a few more days until they completed that and they couldnt give me a decision just yet. They said I would either hear back from them via phone or get a letter in the mail or to check online again in a few days. When the CSR first pulled up the file she seemed to hesitate for a moment and said "hmmmmm..." and then said it looked like there were a few other things they needed to verify on their end but it would be a couple of days before they could get finished processing that info. ???? 

Anyone else experience something like this? What were your results? I guess the good thing is that it wasnt an automatic denial... Keeping my fingers crossed that it works out to an approval. I apped more than 6 months ago and was denied but my scores were much lower then and I had 2 collections reporting I was unaware of that are no longer showing on my reports. They did pull my Experian which I got an alert on - which is the report that has the most inquiries :{ - 8 inquiries but 6 of them were from auto loan apps on 2 separate days. Could that be a factor?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
irunfromcredit
Frequent Contributor

Re: Citi Costco App Pending - Question

I had something similar with my app last summer. I applied, went to pending... called to check status, they said a letter would be coming my way and go wait. The letter arrived, turned out to be a verification. The letter asked if I call the number on the letter. Called the number, the CSR verified me..voila..approved!!!

I have heard it can go either way when an application goes into pending, but also on the bright side, it was not a straight denial either. Please do update your thread when you get your results.

And btw, the whole process with mine was about a week....good luck!!
Scores 8/25/2017~ TU: 753 / EXP: 742 / EQ: 726
Goal: 770's or higher by end of 2017
Message 2 of 4
JR_TX
Valued Contributor

Re: Citi Costco App Pending - Question

Citi is quite known for sending those verification letters on application, meaning they send out those letters to the address on the CRA. Once, you receive it, you call with the application number included on and then they hand out their decision. They just wanna make sure it is really you who applied. Most of these tend to yield favorable results. Good luck and let us know what happens next.
New cc TLs : 0/6 ; 0/12 ; 0/24 | HPs EX 3 EQ 3 TU 4 | AAoA 7y10m | UTIL 1% - 4% | $300K+ Total Limits

Message 3 of 4
heather06
New Contributor

Re: Citi Costco App Pending - Question: UPDATED!

Update: I logged on today to their site to check status and APPROVED! Smiley Happy Will post details in Credit Approvals forum. 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.