Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Costco Card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi Costco Card

So i just applied for a Costco card and got a “your application needs further processing” message, that says i should receive a response within 7 days. I’ve never gotten a message like this after an application, it’s always been just an approval or denial.

Not sure which bureau they pulled yet, but my scores range between 630-645. I do have quite a few inquiries, between 15-20. I guess you can say I’ve had somewhat of an app spree in the past couple months.

Should i call or just wait it out?
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Citi Costco Card

Can call as it doesn't hurt to see if they need anything or can just wait it out.. Scores are pretty low for citi, but citi isn't shy on instant denials eithers which yours wasn't.

Message 2 of 13
CA4Closure
Regular Contributor

When I appiled online through their portal link, I was instantly approved at $6,500 CLI. At the time I had a FICO score of 739. Perhaps they had to review your credit report? Calling wouldn't hurt.

Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

A few more data points would help our crystal credit balls see clearly - thus we see only in part & the eye of prophecy is darkened.

Any derogatory or negative accounts? Utilization? Aaoa & income-to-total credit ratio?

I got my citi Costco in Aug with fico8 in ~660 range, 3 recently paid closed medical collections and 1 30day late from early 2011-ish. Was instant for $5k. I can't recall if you must be a member to apply or if there is an option to join during app - I take it you're an existing Costco member? Could be a verification issue, I mean at least there's some hope instead of instant no. Call & check status.
Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I included Citi gas card in BK7 in 2001.  Costco cc app was declined due to BK.  Called for recon.  CSR advised Citi keeps the internal records of BK an applicant will be denied until their credit profile reaches a set standard.  They pulled EQ, which is the slowest to update my credit reports.

Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I included Citi gas card in BK7 in 2001.  Costco cc app was declined due to BK.  Called for recon.  CSR advised Citi keeps the internal records of BK an applicant will be denied until their credit profile reaches a set standard.  They pulled EQ, which is the slowest to update my credit reports.

They're denying you for a card included in a 16-year-old BK that dropped off your report long ago?

Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

yes

Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

They're denying you for a card included in a 16-year-old BK that dropped off your report long ago?

yes

Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

yes

There must be something else going on, because generally you shouldn't be penalized on an app after a negative item drops off your report. If Citi is making a habit of doing that, though, then it's for darn sure I won't be applying for any of their cards even once my own BK goes off my reports.

Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

yes

There must be something else going on, because generally you shouldn't be penalized on an app after a negative item drops off your report. If Citi is making a habit of doing that, though, then it's for darn sure I won't be applying for any of their cards even once my own BK goes off my reports.

The CSR advised my EQ needs to be in the 700's, which EQ is showing 706 as of today.  I will try again once my utilization (39%) has been updated on three accounts.

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.