Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Costco Visa DENIED!

tag
MyLoFICO
Valued Contributor

Re: Citi Costco Visa DENIED!

I can't get in with Citi either. Sorry you got denied. I would probably still try and recon it though. 

Experian: 677 (28) | TransUnion: 697 (27) | Equifax: 684 (6)
Gardening as of: 1-23-2018
Updated 1-25-18
Message 11 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree. Recon with the EO wouldn't hurt.
Message 12 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

That stinks! What was the reason for denial? I know for a fact if it's too many inq, you can try again in 6 months and will be approved. Good luck. 

Message 13 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm in the same boat. Saw scores of several accepted and decided to try. Pulled experian in hawaii, my score 661, 6 inq, 1 paid medical collection of $245. DTI 11%, no joy, did online will wait for denial letter. Can this be reconned? Not sure citi will recon on co-branded card, but hoping someone live can be called.
Message 14 of 32
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

As difficult as it can seem to be at first, even nesting on those new accounts for only 6 months can make a world of difference.

Been around this very same corner before myself and am still astonished with results of gardening just that little bit.

Message 15 of 32
surferchris
Valued Contributor

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

As difficult as it can seem to be at first, even nesting on those new accounts for only 6 months can make a world of difference.

Been around this very same corner before myself and am still astonished with results of gardening just that little bit.

Agreed.  I am sure you will get approved within 6 to 12 months.  And thanks for the data points.

Current Cards:
AmEx Hilton Honors Surpass//AmEx Platinum Card//Ann Taylor Rewards Mastercard//Capital One Platinum Card//Credit One AmEx//Credit One Platinum VISA//Fingerhut//Navy More Rewards AmEx//TruWest Platinum VISA//Aspire VISA//Costco Anywhere VISA//Lowes Advantage//Apple Card
Loans:
1 Mortgage/////Navy FCU Auto Loan (2020 Jaguar I-Pace)//Capital One Auto (2016 BMW i3)
Next Cards (4th QTR 2022):
Navy Flagship Rewards VISA//Chase Sapphire Preferred
Stats:
Scores: 700's // Inq's: 1 for mortgage // Util: 1% // AoOA: 21 yrs

Message 16 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well I haven't received the denial letter yet but, I did checked my DC account and noticed when I clicked on the credit limit increase button; it said no credit report would be pulled etc. This was a first for me, as I always get the message saying it would require a credit check.  I decided to give it a try and was denied.  The reason for denial was too many recent account openings. So as we all expected, too much activity; I expect the denial letter will say the same.

Message 17 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

I applied a week ago and was denied. When I went to apply I knew my FICO score was 744 so I figured I was in like flint. I did the on the spot application and got a form that said call their customer sevice number.  I called the same day and they said I was denied and would get a letter. I got the letter today. The reason was " your total credit obligations, which include outstanding credit lines, are too high to meet our approval guidelines, when compared to your stated income". That is a suprise to me and here is why. My income is $74,000 per year. My current credit card delbt is only $9000 total so I calculate my debt to inc ratio as 12%. Ins't that pretty low? Is it possible that they are that picky? I don't get that al all. Any response is welcome.

Thanks

Message 18 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I applied a week ago and was denied. When I went to apply I knew my FICO score was 744 so I figured I was in like flint. I did the on the spot application and got a form that said call their customer sevice number.  I called the same day and they said I was denied and would get a letter. I got the letter today. The reason was " your total credit obligations, which include outstanding credit lines, are too high to meet our approval guidelines, when compared to your stated income". That is a suprise to me and here is why. My income is $74,000 per year. My current credit card delbt is only $9000 total so I calculate my debt to inc ratio as 12%. Ins't that pretty low? Is it possible that they are that picky? I don't get that al all. Any response is welcome.

Thanks

Sorry about your denial. Citi can sometimes be weird in denying or approving a credit card. I do think your profile can support you having the credit card. I would suggest call EO and explain to them your situation and your great interest in getting the Citi Costco Visa. When I apped when it went live I got instant approval but got denied when I requested for a cli but when I called EO to request for a cli and stating that I wanted to improve my business relationship with Citi and use the card as my primary credit card I got Approved. It's worth calling the EO. Goodluck. Smiley Happy

Message 19 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your reply. Question what is EO and cli?
Message 20 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.