Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Costco denial, should I Recon?

tag
TiminCO
Valued Member

Citi Costco denial, should I Recon?

So I apped for the new Costco card and was denied, the letter said I had a late payment recently. My last late was 4 years ago... What gives? That was the only reason listed. That was an old United Chase Visa that was closed and paid in full. I was an authorized user. I guess my question is, should I even bother to recon? My DW and I do spend our fair share at Costco.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi Costco denial, should I Recon?

I don't see why not. You already got the hp. Make it work for you.
Message 2 of 10
blunderer
Established Contributor

If you can recon without them doing another HP I say definitely go for it.  GL 

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've been thinking about this card. Woud you be so kind as to share your stats?

Message 4 of 10
CountryLivin
Valued Contributor

@TiminCO wrote:

So I apped for the new Costco card and was denied, the letter said I had a late payment recently. My last late was 4 years ago... What gives? That was the only reason listed. That was an old United Chase Visa that was closed and paid in full. I was an authorized user. I guess my question is, should I even bother to recon? My DW and I do spend our fair share at Costco.

You might as well....you really have nothing to lose, as you already took the hard pull for it. Good luck!

Message 5 of 10
TiminCO
Valued Member

@Anonymous wrote:

I've been thinking about this card. Woud you be so kind as to share your stats?

Sure. FICO 8 scores about 650, 9-12 inq. On each credit report. It's funny cause DW scores are 760 and she has had her card for 3 years and it has been stuck at a $1200 CL

Message 6 of 10
Vegas4Play
Valued Contributor

You were an AU on a card with a Late payment on it? Why have you never gotten it removed from your report long ago.

Fico 8's TU 756/ EQ 754/ EX 743- 8/2020// AAoA 5.7 years // Lines August 2020 = 619k Personal - Business 61k // Inquiries 6 TU - 0 Exp - 0 Eq.
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you. Good luck! 

Message 8 of 10
TiminCO
Valued Member

@Vegas4Play wrote:

You were an AU on a card with a Late payment on it? Why have you never gotten it removed from your report long ago.

Didn't know I could do that. When I get home tonight I am going to check my credit reports to see, but they may have that falsely reported as a joint account. Do you have personal knowledge of someone successfully doing what you suggested?

Message 9 of 10
TiminCO
Valued Member

I'm starting to think I can try to get a few things corrected on my reports...

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.