Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Costco

tag
SomewhereIn505
Valued Contributor

Citi Costco

I’m thinking of adding on another Visa to my line up and considering Citi Costco. I do shop there and the gas rewards is most important to me since I have a pick up truck. But I have a few questions.... Has anyone gotten it to show up as a prequal on Citi’s website? Has anyone gotten it to show up on Citi!s scorecard? I’m currently holding off from logging onto it for a few more weeks since I have several $0 bal statements getting ready to report. Should take my EX from 723 to something higher. Better to app at the warehouse versus the website? TIA

3/16/18 FICO9 TU-700 EQ-669 EX-716
6/26/18 FICO9 TU-750, EQ-672, EX-789

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi Costco

I can't answer most of your questions, but my card comes from just after they made the switch. I cold-apped and the verification was a phone call, first on my cell, then while on the line she asked if I had access to my work phone, and then she called me there, so on both lines simultaneously. Really quite odd to me. GOOD LUCK TO YOU. It's a good card if you shop at Costco and never carry a balance. It has a trailing interest clause which causes two months of interest anytime you leave even a dollar on the balance. Ask me how I know... :-)

It is particularly good for some warranty extension items, such as computers. And of course gas as you mentioned.

Message 2 of 14
jl4
Established Contributor

I cold apped mine as well on their site. I’ve never been given a Pre-Approved offer or anything off the sort. When I applied online, it look about a week for them to approve me. This came after not getting a CLI from citi ever 🙈

I see your scores, what’s your util, aaoa, and inquiries like?
EQ8: 779 (Inq: 1) | TU8: 771 (Inq: 0) | EX8: 763 (Inq: 4)
Total Rev: $182,500
Message 3 of 14
SomewhereIn505
Valued Contributor

At the moment I’m not going to apply till mid April at the earliest. 

Utiliization is going down since I’m paying off all my balances. Note the sudden jump in my signature. Reporting as 22% at the moment but it will be going down to 5% or less before I app. Newest card is 3 months old right now. Inquires on EX are 13 for past 24 months, 8 for past 12. 

Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I cold-apped too and need the verification as well by sending document they requested: copy of my DL.

Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've never gotten a pre-qualification offer on the Citi website in the last couple of years, due to my having burned them in my 2014 BK (on mortgage and a co-branded Best Buy card), but the Costco Visa does come up often in the "cards recommended for you" results page. I've read a number of reports suggesting that Costco Visa is more accepting of people with BK's (even if they burned Citi) than Citi itself, so I'm keeping it in mind for a possible future choice (bearing in mind that I'll likely have to call in for recon).

Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just joined Costco yesterday...been Sam's Club members for years, have talked about Costco and finally pulled the trigger.  Can't app until we close on our house in June, then I'll let you know what happens!  

I have seen reports on other sites that their gasoline, of all things, causes weird problems with some German cars, like Check Engine Lights popping on...any experience along those lines?  Sam's gasoline seems to work OK in my fleet.

Message 7 of 14
jlitnns
Established Contributor

@SomewhereIn505 wrote:
I’m thinking of adding on another Visa to my line up and considering Citi Costco. I do shop there and the gas rewards is most important to me since I have a pick up truck. But I have a few questions.... Has anyone gotten it to show up as a prequal on Citi’s website? Has anyone gotten it to show up on Citi!s scorecard? I’m currently holding off from logging onto it for a few more weeks since I have several $0 bal statements getting ready to report. Should take my EX from 723 to something higher. Better to app at the warehouse versus the website? TIA

Any update OP, I just stumbled upon this. I app'd and was approved beginning of March. I had Citi scorecard and was recommended for DC and another card and whenever I did pre-qual Costco Card showed up. I've wanted this card for a while so I finally app'd and approved for $5.5k SL, I don't remember who they pulled but my scores would have been 680-695 across the board.

Message 8 of 14
jlitnns
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I just joined Costco yesterday...been Sam's Club members for years, have talked about Costco and finally pulled the trigger.  Can't app until we close on our house in June, then I'll let you know what happens!  

I have seen reports on other sites that their gasoline, of all things, causes weird problems with some German cars, like Check Engine Lights popping on...any experience along those lines?  Sam's gasoline seems to work OK in my fleet.

I've never had a problem with Costco gas. My dad exclusively fills up at Costco and he's driven an Audi for 18 years. Same with his Acura and Ford pickup.

Good luck with the new house, exciting times!

Robot Very Happy

Message 9 of 14
SomewhereIn505
Valued Contributor

@jlitnns wrote:

@SomewhereIn505 wrote:

Any update OP, I just stumbled upon this. I app'd and was approved beginning of March. I had Citi scorecard and was recommended for DC and another card and whenever I did pre-qual Costco Card showed up. I've wanted this card for a while so I finally app'd and approved for $5.5k SL, I don't remember who they pulled but my scores would have been 680-695 across the board.

No update yet. I've gotta wait another 30 days or so. Held off app to purchase a house. We verbally agreed to the counter terms. Just waiting for the paperwork to make it official.

A house may not be Costco, but I will need Costco to help me fill it! Hahahaha!

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.