Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi DC CLI: Too many inquiries

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi DC CLI: Too many inquiries

I got my Citi DC on recon. They didn't like my app spree. They gave me a generous SL considering it's Citi (7900). The soft pull CLI language finally showed up last week. Denied for the same reason as my original app: too many recent inquiries.  My app spree was on 3/24. Do I wait 3,6,9,12 months to let these age? They are the only creditor in my portfolio that took issue with the high amount of inquiries. I know there are other creditors that don't like them, but they're not in my wallet.  Thanks in advance.

They are letting me take advantage of the APR reductions I've read others report. I'm down 4% in two days! So I'm not completely persona non grata. 

7 REPLIES 7
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Citi DC CLI: Too many inquiries

Id just wait 6 months from when you opened account to check again. They gave you an amazing sl for the Dc and already have reduced your apr. They like you . Just seems they want some distance from those inquiries. Id imagine youll be one of those folks who dont get standard sp increases of 12-1600k but the larger ones so i say just give it a few months and use your card heavySmiley Happy
Message 2 of 8
Gmood1
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I got my Citi DC on recon. They didn't like my app spree. They gave me a generous SL considering it's Citi (7900). The soft pull CLI language finally showed up last week. Denied for the same reason as my original app: too many recent inquiries.  My app spree was on 3/24. Do I wait 3,6,9,12 months to let these age? They are the only creditor in my portfolio that took issue with the high amount of inquiries. I know there are other creditors that don't like them, but they're not in my wallet.  Thanks in advance.

They are letting me take advantage of the APR reductions I've read others report. I'm down 4% in two days! So I'm not completely persona non grata. 

That's just their standard denial language. It doesn't mean anything. Give it 180/181 days from activation or last CLI and try again. Once you figure out the cycle. Keep track of your last CLI date. Because you'll most likely get another 180 days from the last. I got the same denial a day before they gave me an $8000 CLI a few weeks ago. Mine seem to always fall on a Sunday around th 21st of that 6 months time frame.

Message 3 of 8
Kforce
Valued Contributor

As others have said: "That's just their standard denial language".

The Citi clock is "6 months".

The soft pull CLI language does not mean anything ,

I always have it, and they will only increase CL every half year.

You need to keep track of your increases, or go review past

statements to make sure enough time has passed sense the last.

Message 4 of 8
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

+1 kforce
The letter I got from Citi states exactly that -- CLI every 6 months.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 5 of 8
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

And if you get auto luv, it resets the clockSmiley Sad. At least for average joes like meSmiley Wink
Message 6 of 8
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

AJC, I would luv to see some auto luv, even if it resets the clock. 😁

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just got a 1500 SP CLI on my TYP. I've had it for 10 months.

Reasons before for denial: too many INQs.
Score a factor? Nope. Paid off an installment loan and score dropped 6-12 pts.
Guess I need a new car loan to bring my score up, but I decided to try again for a CLI after getting a DC pre-approval in the snail mail this week.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.