Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Prequalifier -- Website

tag
fedxboy
Established Contributor

Citi Prequalifier -- Website

Pretty much curious as to what others say, since most agree that a prequal from Chase's site is pretty much most definate.  So, was curious as to what people say about Citi's website?  They did say I was pre-qualified for these cards:

You’re Pre-Qualified to apply for the following credit card offers. See below for 4 additional offer(s).

1.  Citi Simplicity® Card

• Enjoy 0% Intro APR on purchases and balance transfers for 18 months; after that, the variable APR will be 12.99%.1
  • Balance Transfer Fee: Either $5 or 3% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater.1
  • The only card with no late fees, no penalty rate and no annual fee - ever.1
  • Save time with fast, easy access to a live representative for personal help, 24 hours a day.
  • Purchase APR
    0% Intro APR on purchases for 18 months;  after that, the variable APR will be 12.99%.1
  • Balance Transfer Information
    0% introductory APR on balance transfers for 18 months.1  After that, the variable APR will be 12.99%1
  • Annual Fee
    No Annual Fee1

You may also be interested in these credit cards.

2.  Citi® Double Cash Card

• NEW: Earn Cash Back TWICE. Plus a great intro rate.
  • Enjoy 0% Intro APR on purchases and balance transfers for 18 months; after that, the variable APR will be 12.99%.1
  • Earn 1% cash back on purchases; then,
  • Earn an additional 1% cash back as you pay for those purchases, whether you pay in full or over time2
  • No Annual Fee, No Category Restrictions, No Caps
  • Purchase APR
    0% Intro APR on purchases for 18 months;  after that, the variable APR will be 12.99%.1
    0% introductory APR on balance transfers for 18 months.1  After that, the variable APR will be 12.99%1
  • Annual Fee
    No Annual Fee1

3.   Citi ThankYou® Preferred Card

• Earn 25,000 bonus ThankYou® Points after you spend $1,500 in purchases within 3 months of account opening2 - redeem for $250 in gift cards or other great rewards
  • Earn 2 ThankYou Points for every $1 spent on purchases for dining at restaurants and entertainment1
  • Earn 1 ThankYou Point per $1 spent on other purchases1
  • No expiration and no limit on the number of ThankYou Points you can earn
  • Purchase APR
    0% Intro APR on purchases for 12 months;  after that, the variable APR will be 12.99%.1
    0% introductory APR on balance transfers for 12 months.1  After that, the variable APR will be 12.99%1
  • Annual Fee
    No Annual Fee1

4.    Citi® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® World MasterCard®

• Earn 50,000 American Airlines AAdvantage® bonus miles after $3,000 in purchases in the first 3 months of account opening2
  • Your first checked bag is free2
  • Group 1 Boarding and 25% savings on eligible in-flight purchases2
  • Earn a $100 Flight Discount every cardmembership year after qualifying purchases and cardmembership renewal2
  • Earn 2 American Airlines AAdvantage® miles for every $1 you spend on eligible American Airlines purchases including US Airways codeshare flights booked on aa.com2and 1 AAdvantage® mile for every $1 spent on other purchases2
  • Earn 10% of your redeemed AAdvantage® miles back - up to 10,000 AAdvantage® miles each calendar year2
  • Purchase APR
    13.99% variable1
    13.99% variable1
  • Annual Fee
    $95 (Fee waived for the first 12 months)1

5.   Citi ThankYou® Premier Card

• Earn 50,000 bonus ThankYou® Points: Earn 50,000 points after $3,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening - redeemable for great rewards, including $500 in gift cards or travel rewards.2
  • Earn 3 ThankYou Points for every $1 spent on purchases for dining at restaurants and entertainment.1
  • Earn 2 ThankYou Points for every $1 spent on purchases for airfare and hotels.1
  • Earn 1 ThankYou Point per $1 spent on other purchases.1
  • No foreign transaction fee on purchases1
  • Purchase APR
    13.99% variable1
    13.99% variable1
  • Annual Fee
    $125 (Fee waived for the first 12 months)1

PRESCREEN & OPT-OUT NOTICE: This "pre-screened" offer of credit is based on information in your credit report indicating that you meet certain criteria. This offer is not guaranteed if you do not meet our criteria etc..blah blah blah blah.....lol

(7/23/16) AMEX FICO EX 728, (6/20/16) Discover FICO TU 747, (7/24/16) Barclays FICO 750 (TC Lines $400+K) AAoA= 4.3 yrs
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Re: Citi Prequalifier -- Website

It looks good to apply when it has the pre screen opt out notice from other posts I have read.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 2 of 10
Jerry45
Valued Contributor

The fact they gave a you a definite APR, instead of a range,makes it look solid. Combine that with the Opt out notice, and I say you are good to go.

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

+1

I'd do the Citi AA and then PC to a DC before first AF.

Message 4 of 10
uswala
Senior Contributor

@Jerry45 wrote:

The fact they gave a you a definite APR, instead of a range,makes it look solid. Combine that with the Opt out notice, and I say you are good to go.

+1

Go for it.

Message 5 of 10
fedxboy
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

+1

I'd do the Citi AA and then PC to a DC before first AF.

Mighty thanks guys!!   I think I like what Nixon said and of course what Cold said about it being definite.  I think I should of also asked what card would you apply for, but Nixon covered that!!

I do have a Diamond Preferred MC and I see they only offer the Visa now.  The apr on that is 18.99 and it's like 2+ years.  It's finally nice to be offered the low APR's, rather than asking them to lower it.   Perhaps, I should wait till there's some sign up bonuses, unless that ship has sailed   THANKS!

(7/23/16) AMEX FICO EX 728, (6/20/16) Discover FICO TU 747, (7/24/16) Barclays FICO 750 (TC Lines $400+K) AAoA= 4.3 yrs
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

WOW a great list of offers and T&C!
Message 7 of 10
racer-x
Valued Contributor

I have the same set of offers currently...damn, I'd really like to BT with the simplicity.

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I, like the OP want to take the family to Disney in the next year or so.  I already have the Venture card, but was contemplating a Citi DC card, but I already have a QS card as well. 

I see you made the AA suggestion....If I were to use Venture for daily spend, does it make any sense to apply for the AA card for just the bonus?  Seems like I could only really benefit from both rewards IF I were to meet the initial requirements for each bonus, and then use Venture's card as the daily spend card and apply that bonus towards something the AA card miles go to.  Am I missing anything?

Message 9 of 10
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

Wait a sec, did the AF for the Thank You Premier go up? $125 now? Mine is at $95 waived for the first year..

Nevermind I didn't see that this is an OLD post lol

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.