Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi - Thank you (They really want me)

tag
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

Citi - Thank you (They really want me)

Citi wants me.jpg

My last coupe weeks of mailers from Citi.  Guess they really want me to have this card.  Smiley Happy  I dont have a Citi backed card yet and had been thinking about getting one.  I stay about 30-40 nights/year at Hilton branded hotels so I'm thinking that the Citi Hilton Honors Reserve card would be the best one for me. 

What yall think?  (P.S. @Mailman, you finally delivered the preselected offers Smiley Happy )

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Citi - Thank you (They really want me)

I'm sure you'll take the 30,000 offer! Maybe they'll send higher ones.
Message 2 of 12
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Go for it. Citi cards are like potato chips lol.
Message 3 of 12
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

In my experience Citi mailers tend to progressively get worse. So go for the first offer.
Message 4 of 12
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

What I find confusing is that they will send me a 20k offer, then a 30k offer then they sent a couple more 20k offers and lastly resent the 30k offer.  I dont get that.  I have until end of next month to accept 30k offer but I think that I will get more use out of Hilton Honors card.  Not sure though.  I really like the lower APR on Thank you card.

Message 5 of 12
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Not sure on your total profile, but TYP was my first Citi card. Waited a year and was instantly approved for AAdvantage, then went for HHonors 9 days after that. All 3 were instant approvals, but if you have a strong profile you could most likely get both (but wait a good 9 days between apps)

I'm sure the HHonors bonus isnt going anywhere, and technically the Amex HHonors is a better card. Just my $0.02
Message 6 of 12
tonyjones
Valued Contributor

APPLY!!!!

Current Fico Scores: (December 2023)
Message 7 of 12
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

I just started new job.  Im going to wait at least until I have 1 new pay check under my belt (nice 27% or so pay raise).  I also have some UTIL I want to lower so Im thinking of waiting until around Black Friday and applying then.  I'll have most of my UTIL back under control in a month.

Edit: (Card profile in order obtained)  Cap1 Secured (1.3k), WF Secured (1k), Walmart Discover (7.1k), AMEX Zync (NPSL), AMEX Delta (6k), Chase Amazon (2.5k), Chase Freedom (1.5k), NFCU Flagship Visa (25k), AMEX BCP (8.4k), Discover IT (7.8k) and Arrival AF version (5k)

Message 8 of 12
badgerviper

I'm waiting for a reconsideration from them now after receiving those invitations to apply for almost a year! I thought they really wanted me too lol. And yes, the bonus miles fluctuated (which caused some initial panic) but I always ended up receiving the invitation for the better miles/rates a week later. GOOD LUCK Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 12
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

What was your profile when you applied? What were their reasons for denial?

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.