cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi ThankYou Preferred Card, Regular vs Student Help?

tag
Isacking97
Regular Contributor

Citi ThankYou Preferred Card, Regular vs Student Help?

I what in the future to apply for a Citi ThankYou Preferred Card what are the requirements? (income, credit score ect.) (my visa card with banco popular sucks)

Do I apply for the regular or for the student version? and what credit score do they pull? 

I have 3 credit cards and a student loan

Amex - 160/5300

Discover - 0/2500

BBPR - 10/600

Mohela - 3,459

Income: 7K

Starting Score:EX: 713 EQ: 698
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Re: Citi ThankYou Preferred Card, Regular vs Student Help?

Hey there , we would need your scores to be able to advise you about anything , also with your income I'm not sure if you would be approved for the Regular Thank You but most likely would for the student bc they allow lower income with the student accounts .
Message 2 of 9
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

As far as the Credit score they pull I'm not very sure but I do know when I apped for them they double pulled Ex and Eq and the score they listed for me was lower than my regular fico 08 scores ,maybe someone else can chime in
Message 3 of 9
Isacking97
Regular Contributor

@Aduke1122 wrote:
Hey there , we would need your scores to be able to advise you about anything , also with your income I'm not sure if you would be approved for the Regular Thank You but most likely would for the student bc they allow lower income with the student accounts .

TU 734, EQ 747, EX 728

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would say app for the Student card just incase they deny from the regular one bc of income. Can always probably PC to the regular card once you get your CL on it high enough, i dont think there's any difference in the rewards and stuff someone correct me if I'm wrong?

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you apply, apply for the student version––it's the same rewards and everything, but the income threshold will be lower. Citi will likely pull EQ/EX...some of my friends applied for this card and did not get it. I don't think this is an easy student card to get, and with mediocre at best rewards, why do you even want this card?

Message 6 of 9
Isacking97
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

If you apply, apply for the student version––it's the same rewards and everything, but the income threshold will be lower. Citi will likely pull EQ/EX...some of my friends applied for this card and did not get it. I don't think this is an easy student card to get, and with mediocre at best rewards, why do you even want this card?

Do I apply for another card? maybe get another amex card? (I have a good relation with them)

Im locking for a replacement your my current visa card ( it whas no benefits!!! )

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Isacking97 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Do I apply for another card? maybe get another amex card? (I have a good relation with them)

Im locking for a replacement your my current visa card ( it whas no benefits!!! )

Discover? 

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have heard rumors about citi pulling other than EX but i have never personally seen it! when I apply it's always been EX.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.