Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi and Discover Denied

tag
SecretAzure
Valued Contributor

Re: Citi and Discover Denied

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you so much, I really appreciate your support. I will call them tomorow morning. I will update you whatever the conversation entails. 

May the force be ever in your favor

"Show your thanks with action! Hit the "Kudos" button (the stripe with the star) for every post you find helpful to show your appreciation to the community of great individuals who help you on these forums" -Me

Active Cards: Chevron Texaco, Amex BCE, Barclays Ring, Chase Freedom, Chase Freedom Unlimited, Best Buy Visa, Marvel MCMust garden until 2/1/2022 to hit my goal AAOA. Smiley Indifferent
Message 11 of 24
TURNERHOOVER
Established Contributor

Too many new accounts opened. Definitely a red flag (pre-approved offer or not) 

EX 727 | EQ 720 | TU 740

FREEDOM 4.5k | BCP 9.5k | DISCOVER 2.5k | ARRIVAL+ 7.5k | RITZ CARLTON 15k
No new Apps till Dec 2016
Message 12 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not sure if this will help you or others having some added info but Discover denied me on app and recon because i have a state tax lien.  The fact that i have been paying on it religiously for the past couple of years means nothing to them.  They said I could be added as an AU to someone else's card but I said thanks, but no thanks, politely of course.  CSR was definitely not overtly friendly.. All despite having spotless credit report and good income.......err, except the lien of course.

Message 13 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

I found their CSR very stern and unfriendly. I have yet to experience Citi, and I have heard that they are very sensitive to INQ. Citi pulled EX and I have 6 in past 12 months including two auto. I have already fold my file with Discover but I am hoping Citi will at least consider my rant...

Message 14 of 24
Zorasmiles
Established Contributor

Good luck on the recon with CITI.  Discover definitely isn't friendly to say the least from what I've read in the community.  May I ask, did you apply for all of your AMEX products within the same day or week?  How many total inquiries did you end up with for the 3 AMEX products?  Thanks

FICO scores are your calling card to the business world. Build a negative reputation and those doors are hard to open, find that perfect balance of credit responsibility and those doors open when you desire them.
Message 15 of 24
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I found their CSR very stern and unfriendly. I have yet to experience Citi, and I have heard that they are very sensitive to INQ. Citi pulled EX and I have 6 in past 12 months including two auto. I have already fold my file with Discover but I am hoping Citi will at least consider my rant...

Sorry for the denials. Can you think of any reason for the denial? Do you have your reports ready? Be prepared to explain the denial reasons and ....no rant on recon... nice sweet talking until you are approved Smiley Very Happy    ....the rant can come after you hang up. Good luck !

Message 16 of 24
Jungook
Regular Contributor

AMEX PRG

AMEX ED 2K

AMEX BSP 4K

CSP 5K

US AIRWAYS PWMC 1K

PenFed VRSign 10k 

I'm going to bet that this is the problem. Just because these accounts are new and have not reported yet, doesn't mean that the inquiries don't show. Citi and Discover are looking at your files right now and noticing an immediate red flag of 6 new inquires in a very short amount of time. 

Message 17 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Zorasmiles wrote:

Good luck on the recon with CITI.  Discover definitely isn't friendly to say the least from what I've read in the community.  May I ask, did you apply for all of your AMEX products within the same day or week?  How many total inquiries did you end up with for the 3 AMEX products?  Thanks

Sure, sure. I applied two Amex PRG>ED at the same time and both were an instant approval. A day later I applied for BSP and it went for five days bufferzone. I called on the fifth day and it was approved right away but with a SP. 

Message 18 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@lg8302ch wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Sorry for the denials. Can you think of any reason for the denial? Do you have your reports ready? Be prepared to explain the denial reasons and ....no rant on recon... nice sweet talking until you are approved Smiley Very Happy    ....the rant can come after you hang up. Good luck !

Thank you, denial letter is still in the mail. Yes, indded I do have reports and I am going to expalin to them that how important it is for me to build a balanced and lasting relationship with them. I am of course new to the credit but your (Citi) extension of credit to me at this initial stage is actually an indication of your faith in my ability to build better relationship so we both grow togather. I will explain to them that there is an invisible wall between sub-prime and prime credit but in the absense of a linking ladder upward mobility can only be possible if we both foster mutual trust and that requires an extension of credit.

Message 19 of 24
Zorasmiles
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Zorasmiles wrote:

Sure, sure. I applied two Amex PRG>ED at the same time and both were an instant approval. A day later I applied for BSP and it went for five days bufferzone. I called on the fifth day and it was approved right away but with a SP. 

So with a total of one soft pull?  Thanks

FICO scores are your calling card to the business world. Build a negative reputation and those doors are hard to open, find that perfect balance of credit responsibility and those doors open when you desire them.
Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.