Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi application response.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi application response.

If after you apply you get a message from citi saying further processing is needed and we will contact you within a week is that usually a good or bad sign? Should we call call an EO right away or wait for their decision?
Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Re: Citi application response.

Citi can be slow to pull the trigger. You apped for a new card or a CLI? The message doesn't always signify you will be denied. It does mean someone is going to physically look at your file instead of a computer generated approval.
Message 2 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

New card. Apped for the AA platinum but we already have 2 citi cards. Simplicity and Best Buy. Simplicity with 6k limit 0 balance and Best Buy with 3500 limit and 0 balance. I spoke with a rep the other night and they said we could move our simplicity to an AA card if we wanted but I want a new card to raise our total available limit and lower usage if we charge stuff to them if that makes sense. Also, I want the miles for signing up for the AA card.
Message 3 of 28
Gmood1
Super Contributor

I gotcha, you could always call. Guess it won't hurt.
Message 4 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
If after you apply you get a message from citi saying further processing is needed and we will contact you within a week is that usually a good or bad sign? Should we call call an EO right away or wait for their decision?

You didn't get denied...so that is likely good news...if all goes well on manual review.

Good luck OP!!

Message 5 of 28
UncleB
Credit Mentor

My Citi approval last year was much like this... I got the same message right away, and a week passed and I heard nothing.

I finally called them just to be told I would have to wait for them to contact me... I was assured there was nothing they needed from me.  Ironically, a few days later I got an email from them telling me to call them or else my application would no longer be considered (seriously).  I called them back at the number provided, and was asked some really basic questions (basically, they just re-hashed a few of the questions from the app) and the rep asked if she could call me right back to verify my phone (no problem). 

She called me back a few minutes later and told me I was approved, albeit with only a $4k limit.  My resources are more modest than many on here but my other card limits were trending higher so I was slightly disappointed but not surprised.  I have received a couple of CLIs since then though, so it's growing.

TL;DR... with Citi, sometimes you just have to be patient.  Smiley Wink

Message 6 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd take a 4K limit. The airfare we want to buy is 3800. I'm actually hoping for much higher though. The Best Buy and simplicity cards we have are by far our lowest limits.

We did receive an email from citi this morning stating they are now processing the application and they will let us know in a week.
Message 7 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I'd take a 4K limit. The airfare we want to buy is 3800. I'm actually hoping for much higher though. The Best Buy and simplicity cards we have are by far our lowest limits.

We did receive an email from citi this morning stating they are now processing the application and they will let us know in a week.

Best wishes!   Where are you headed with that airfare, Mars?  Smiley Wink    I'm rooting for a higher limit for you, to avoid heavy utilization score drops.  

Message 8 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

We are doing another Hawaii trip and it's about 1300 a person for me, the wife, and our 2 year old.
Message 9 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
We are doing another Hawaii trip and it's about 1300 a person for me, the wife, and our 2 year old.

Hawaii is a wonderful place, I lived on the windward side of Oahu for a bit.  Am I the only one that thinks it's crazy for airlines to charge $1300 for a 2 year old though?  Dont they count like a carry on?  Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.