Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi approval process question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi approval process question

received a special 0% interest for 21 months and then 14.9% offer after that in the mail. Offer had Maiden name on it but filled it out with married last name ( which is also on my CR) FICO scores of E756/EQ754/TU749 and 14% utilization. Received this message after applying.

"Thank you. We have received your application and further processing is required at this time. You may check back in 24 hours to see if a decision has been determined. We will contact you within 1 week via mail/email regarding our decision. Thank you for requesting a Citi® Diamond Preferred® Card."

Do you think it's because of the last name? Also how long do you think it will actually take for answer and do they approve over weekend?  I have a link to check.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi approval process question

@Anonymous wrote:

received a special 0% interest for 21 months and then 14.9% offer after that in the mail. Offer had Maiden name on it but filled it out with married last name ( which is also on my CR) FICO scores of E756/EQ754/TU749 and 14% utilization. Received this message after applying.

"Thank you. We have received your application and further processing is required at this time. You may check back in 24 hours to see if a decision has been determined. We will contact you within 1 week via mail/email regarding our decision. Thank you for requesting a Citi® Diamond Preferred® Card."

Do you think it's because of the last name? Also how long do you think it will actually take for answer and do they approve over weekend?  I have a link to check.

It could very well be because of the name change.  Having said that a lot of Citi applications go thru a review so it's not unusual to have to wait several days to get a definitive answer.  If you haven't heard by tomorrow, give them a call.  Good luck

Message 2 of 6
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Something similar happened with my DC they were sending me mailers with my name plus moms maiden name, misspelled too lol. I applied as is got approved then had them correct it when i got card.
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wouldn't worry. The same thing happened to me. I didn't get an instant approval and my married name is different from the maiden name on the mailer. I can't remember if I called a few days later or if I got an email but a few days later I did find out I was approved for my Citi card.

Message 4 of 6
Jerry45
Valued Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Something similar happened with my DC they were sending me mailers with my name plus moms maiden name, misspelled too lol. I applied as is got approved then had them correct it when i got card.

You would think Citi could figure out the maiden name problem thru Technology. Oh well

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jerry45 wrote:

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:

You would think Citi could figure out the maiden name problem thru Technology. Oh well

LOL, Citi + technology don’t got together... they’re known for their glitchy systems 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.