Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi invitation

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi invitation

I kept getting mailers for the DCB card- I’m talking two or three a week. Finally, before we moved I app’d for it and got it. 0% apr until Aug ‘18 with a $1k SL. It did take forever to get it and I had to have it sent from Florida to California.. (thanks Mom!) mind you I applied two weeks before we moved and we drove cross country, so minimum 3 weeks to get here. I’m also still waiting on my Exxon Mobil by Citi to get here and it was approved before Christmas... good luck if you apply!

Message 11 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Didn't know Amex is so slow

Message 12 of 23
dsotm76
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I kept getting mailers for the DCB card- I’m talking two or three a week. Finally, before we moved I app’d for it and got it. 0% apr until Aug ‘18 with a $1k SL. It did take forever to get it and I had to have it sent from Florida to California.. (thanks Mom!) mind you I applied two weeks before we moved and we drove cross country, so minimum 3 weeks to get here. I’m also still waiting on my Exxon Mobil by Citi to get here and it was approved before Christmas... good luck if you apply!

Wow, interesting to know they are slow getting the card out.  AMEX got mine to me in the 3 to 5 business day timeframe.  

BCE AMEX ($16200) - Citi DC ($11600) - Chase Sapphire Preferred ($10200) - Nordstrom Visa Signature ($10000) - Best Buy Citi Visa ($9950) - Chase Freedom Flex ($7700) - NHL Discover IT ($7000) - Apple Card ($6000) - Delta Gold AMEX ($6000) - Hilton Honors AMEX ($5000) - Barclay View ($5000)

Closed - Capital One Secured ($500) - It is not in my wallet. :-) - Sony/Sync ($2400)

Goal - To get in with Chase. Smiley Very Happy (ACHIEVED!)
Message 13 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah it took forever.. my gas card from Citi also arrived today- but I sent it to my old address so it is going to sit at the house until I go to visit in February. My Amex was approved on Jan 4th and arrived on Jan 9th. Not sure why Citi likes to take their time sending cards out- but oh well- it is what it is.

Message 14 of 23
dsotm76
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Yeah it took forever.. my gas card from Citi also arrived today- but I sent it to my old address so it is going to sit at the house until I go to visit in February. My Amex was approved on Jan 4th and arrived on Jan 9th. Not sure why Citi likes to take their time sending cards out- but oh well- it is what it is.

If only Citi did the BP card instead of Synchrony.  I don't burn Exxon or I'd go for it.  Glad that it finally arrived though.  :-)  you'd think they'd want to get the card into someone's hands quickly.

BCE AMEX ($16200) - Citi DC ($11600) - Chase Sapphire Preferred ($10200) - Nordstrom Visa Signature ($10000) - Best Buy Citi Visa ($9950) - Chase Freedom Flex ($7700) - NHL Discover IT ($7000) - Apple Card ($6000) - Delta Gold AMEX ($6000) - Hilton Honors AMEX ($5000) - Barclay View ($5000)

Closed - Capital One Secured ($500) - It is not in my wallet. :-) - Sony/Sync ($2400)

Message 15 of 23
dsotm76
Frequent Contributor

Last question, probably silly.  If they pre-qual me on their site, odds are I'm not blacklisted with them, right?  I BKed Chase MANY years ago and their pre-qual won't approve me.  Just want to make sure.  :-)

Message 16 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

No clue on that aspect- I just kept getting mailers from them. I'm just waiting on some cli luv from them, hopefully soon. 

Message 17 of 23
dsotm76
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

No clue on that aspect- I just kept getting mailers from them. I'm just waiting on some cli luv from them, hopefully soon. 

Good luck!  Here's hoping they show that to you!

I actually was looking over the cards again and was disappointed to see that the Double Cash card doesn't offer an introductory 0% APR rate.  That only applies to balance transfers.  I don't plan on carrying a balance, but if the need early on comes up, it would be nice to have.  :-/

Message 18 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

I burned Citi in the 00s, no prequal ever. Started getting mailers in December and every two weeks since with "you're pre-qualified to apply!" Lol.

Chase's 5/24 is more important to me than any Citi card, and pre-qualified to apply isn't going to interest me.

Although data points show some folks who got pre-qualified mailers and waited it out eventually got firm pre-approval mailers later so I'll keep reading before shredding.
Message 19 of 23
dsotm76
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I burned Citi in the 00s, no prequal ever. Started getting mailers in December and every two weeks since with "you're pre-qualified to apply!" Lol.

Chase's 5/24 is more important to me than any Citi card, and pre-qualified to apply isn't going to interest me.

Although data points show some folks who got pre-qualified mailers and waited it out eventually got firm pre-approval mailers later so I'll keep reading before shredding.

I'm guessing that Citi has forgiven you if you are getting the pre-qual now.  That makes me feel a bit more solid about applying since I can't remember if I had anything they may have absorbed.  But that No 0% Introductory APR really is a hangup for me with the Double Cash.  

Can you explain the comment about the 5/24 and why that's more important?  I can't get on with Chase, sadly.

Lastly, I really appreciate your 11 Rules to Credit Rebuilding.  I really wish I had it about 2 years ago.  Hindsight = 20/20  Smiley Very Happy

Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.