New Contributor
DomoNomo

CitiBank cli

So, something interesting happened to me.  For the last 3 months, I've been trying to get an increase from Citi and everytime I get to the screen where it says "I give authorization for Citi to look into my Credit Report," I always abort and cancel the transaction thinking that I will get a hard pull.  I tried putting in cli from $500-$5000

So today, I accidently clicked the okay button and practically had a heart attack thinking, "Great, there goes a wasted hardpull" but to my surprise they approve my cli and also said that they will not report a hard inquiry to the bureau.  I only asked for $1500 and like others, wished I had requested more.

For those who might be in a similar situation like me, who knows??  They same could work out with you as well.

TU=779 (3 HP) | EX=767 (10 HP) | EQ=759 (2 HP)
Mega Contributor
coldnmn

Re: CitiBank cli

Congrats! Thanks for sharing.

My Wallet /US Bank Cash+ Signature $10,000/ Ace US Bank Signature $10,000 / Sam's Mastercard $8000
/ Walmart Mastercard $8000 / Discover IT $5000 / Care Credit $5000
/ Husqvarna $5000 / PayPal SmartConnect $4800 / Cap1 Quicksilver $4000 / Barclay Ring $3550
Last App 8/12/14 /

Valued Contributor
lhcole77

Yay! Congrats. How long have you had the card?

Established Contributor
Credit-hoarder

OP: I'm confused-Did you get a $1500 increas or a $4500 increase and what card was it on?

Senior Contributor
alvon123

congrats

New Contributor
DomoNomo

[ Edited ]

The card is two years old and I requested only $1500 increase.  The card is a citi dividend platinum.

Established Contributor
hot4u

Congrats on the increase.:smileyhappy:

(Chase)- Freedom, CSP®, United MileagePlus® Explorer, Marriott Rewards® Premier, Penfed cash+ rewards/Promise.
Amex’s- BCE, Hilton and SPG®, NFCU Cash Rewards, FHB Destinations World Elite.
(Citi)- Dividends Platinum Select, Executive/Platinum® Advantage,Hawaiian Airlines World Elite

09Lexie

Regular Contributor
credithappy

DomoNomo wrote:

So, something interesting happened to me.  For the last 3 months, I've been trying to get an increase from Citi and everytime I get to the screen where it says "I give authorization for Citi to look into my Credit Report," I always abort and cancel the transaction thinking that I will get a hard pull.  I tried putting in cli from $500-$5000

So today, I accidently clicked the okay button and practically had a heart attack thinking, "Great, there goes a wasted hardpull" but to my surprise they approve my cli and also said that they will not report a hard inquiry to the bureau.  I only asked for $1500 and like others, wished I had requested more.

For those who might be in a similar situation like me, who knows??  They same could work out with you as well.

Congrats to you!!!!!:smileyhappy:

Amex ZYNC - Amex BCP - Amex Mercedes-Benz - Amex PRG - Amex TrueEarnings - Emigrant Direct Visa - Xcel FCU Visa - Walmart Discover - Sam's Club Discover - Macy's - Bloomingdales - Nordstrom - Sam's Club CC - Discover IT and US Bank Visa FlexPerks, CitiHHonors Sig Visa - NAVcheck, NAVcashRewards Sig Visa, NAVgoRewards MC, Chase Amazon VISA and BoA CashRewards VISA
New Contributor
DomoNomo

09Lexie wrote:

Congratulations. is this your first CLI?

Yes, for this card it is.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}