Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CitiBank cli

tag
DomoNomo
Contributor

CitiBank cli

So, something interesting happened to me.  For the last 3 months, I've been trying to get an increase from Citi and everytime I get to the screen where it says "I give authorization for Citi to look into my Credit Report," I always abort and cancel the transaction thinking that I will get a hard pull.  I tried putting in cli from $500-$5000

So today, I accidently clicked the okay button and practically had a heart attack thinking, "Great, there goes a wasted hardpull" but to my surprise they approve my cli and also said that they will not report a hard inquiry to the bureau.  I only asked for $1500 and like others, wished I had requested more.

For those who might be in a similar situation like me, who knows??  They same could work out with you as well.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Re: CitiBank cli

Congrats! Thanks for sharing.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 2 of 11
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

Yay! Congrats. How long have you had the card?

Message 3 of 11
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

OP: I'm confused-Did you get a $1500 increas or a $4500 increase and what card was it on?

BUSINESS
Rewards Pts.-Miles: UR-MR-TYP-Venture
Message 4 of 11
alvon123
Super Contributor

congrats

Message 5 of 11
DomoNomo
Contributor

The card is two years old and I requested only $1500 increase.  The card is a citi dividend platinum.

Message 6 of 11
hot4u
Established Contributor

Congrats on the increase.Smiley Happy

(Chase)- Freedom, CSP®, United MileagePlus® Explorer, Marriott Rewards® Premier, Penfed cash+ rewards/Promise/Defender.
Amex’s- BCE, Hilton, SPG®, PRG® and Blue®, NFCU Cash Rewards, FHB Destinations World Elite.
- Amex Centurion,(Citi) Executive/Platinum® Advantage

Alaska Airlines
Message 7 of 11
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 8 of 11
credithappy
Regular Contributor

@DomoNomo wrote:

So, something interesting happened to me.  For the last 3 months, I've been trying to get an increase from Citi and everytime I get to the screen where it says "I give authorization for Citi to look into my Credit Report," I always abort and cancel the transaction thinking that I will get a hard pull.  I tried putting in cli from $500-$5000

So today, I accidently clicked the okay button and practically had a heart attack thinking, "Great, there goes a wasted hardpull" but to my surprise they approve my cli and also said that they will not report a hard inquiry to the bureau.  I only asked for $1500 and like others, wished I had requested more.

For those who might be in a similar situation like me, who knows??  They same could work out with you as well.

Congrats to you!!!!!Smiley Happy

Amex Green - Amex BCP - Amex Everyday Card - Amex Rose Gold - Elan Visa - Xcel FCU Visa - Walmart MC - Sam's MC - Macy's - Bloomingdales - Nordstrom - Sam's Club CC - Discover IT and US Bank Visa FlexPerks - AMEX HHonors - NAVcheck - NAVcashRewards Sig Visa, NAVgoRewards MC, Chase Amazon VISA, BoA CashRewards VISA - Chase Marriott Reward Premier CC, Jetblue Card MC, PenFed Power CR Visa Signature Card, Chase Freedom, Nordy VISA and BBVA
Message 9 of 11
DomoNomo
Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:

Congratulations. is this your first CLI?

Yes, for this card it is.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.