Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citizens One Loan for Apple Upgrade Program

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citizens One Loan for Apple Upgrade Program

Just wanted to share this. If you have a bankruptcy on your record you will be instantly denied. So either go with your phone plan’s credit option or pay the full price. A hard pull and a definite decline if you have a bankruptcy
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
SomewhereIn505
Valued Contributor

Re: Citizens One Loan for Apple Upgrade Program

@Anonymous wrote:
Just wanted to share this. If you have a bankruptcy on your record you will be instantly denied. So either go with your phone plan’s credit option or pay the full price. A hard pull and a definite decline if you have a bankruptcy

Thanks for the warning and I’m sorry you were declined. Last night I actually got in with my carrier right away while Apple Store app and Apple’s website had not come up yet. The only good thing with carrier’s plan is they are at 0%. Hope you get your new phone soon!

3/16/18 FICO9 TU-700 EQ-669 EX-716
6/26/18 FICO9 TU-750, EQ-672, EX-789

Message 2 of 7
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Ordered the Iphone X this morning set alarm what a PITA..  I didn't do the credit you are referring to although ti was a 2-3 hour ordeal.  With that said will be getting it on the 3rd of Nov. and just finished it through at&t at 0% for 24 months and will pay it off within the next few months.   Grateful I have good enough credit with them or other lenders to do this.  I tried to even PIF 1k+ on whathever CC and the site was a nightmare so just went on chat and did it within 20ish mins with at&t.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

oh yes, i actually bought 2 and paid in full. I didn't know you could get the at&t plan and pay it off quicker. I always thought you were stuck with 24 payments and while that isn't any more expensive, i don't like monthly payments in my life anymore. 

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

it's ok, i wasn't sure if i wanted to be on the plan - ever since bankruptcy 3 1/2 years ago, i try to stick with zero debt.

Message 5 of 7
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

it's ok, i wasn't sure if i wanted to be on the plan - ever since bankruptcy 3 1/2 years ago, i try to stick with zero debt.

That is a good plan if you don't quite trust yourself yet.. Even though I have never had a BK and a high earner I am scared of any debt other then car payment and a house payment.. Don't charge stuff I can't pay cash for.

Message 6 of 7
joltdude
Senior Contributor

Iv had nothing but headaches with Citizen Ones Iphone loan... not taking the payment out on the right date, taking it out for more than the requisite amount,, sending me emails and letters saying im past due when i call up and everythings all set.... refunds taking their sweet time .... Saying discover declined the transaction when they did not.... Their system is horrid...  I expected it to be set and forget.... I have nothing but regrets.. The CSRs are friendly and try to help but its just a mess.... I like that it is unencumbered and not on a contract but i wish i just put it on a zero apr card and was done with it

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.