Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comenity CLI HP

tag
mr_awesome
Established Member

Comenity CLI HP

Like clockwork, I've received CLIs every month for every one of my Comenity store cards. Along with Synchrony, these form about half my total limits. I do shop at all these places, so it's not like they're only for padding, though that is part of their purpose for me.

So last month, I noticed they have a checkbox for authorizing them to check your credit. I tried it, and didn't get any alerts about a hard pull, so I figured it was just a legal thing. One month later and after a few $1k CLIs on two, and two $300 CLIs on two others, I got alerts the next day that I have 4 new HPs on my Equifax report. That's unfortunate, but something I'm always prepared for when requesting a CLI. Cards were for Overstock, Williams-Sonoma, J-Crew, and Buckle. Buckle CLI wasn't even approved, so that really sucks. Express appears to have been a soft pull.

This may only be because of the behavior they're seeing not warranting additional limit. Still, it's worth noting for those using store cards to help rebuild or establish a base of cards that you may want to go easy on the CLI button with Comenity.

I know I'm done asking for more--not worth a HP for $1k. #LessonLearned
Payding down debt to prep for a mortgage.

Cards in my wallet: Amex Gold, Chase Sapphire Preferred, Lowes Advantage

Sock drawer: Lots of old store cards and not great no-rewards cards for history and utilization padding, some lame no AF cards I drunk-apped

Next Cards: AMEX Everyday and Chase Freedom?
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
peghede
Valued Contributor

Re: Comenity CLI HP

Congrats on cli m8 not on the hp.lol

Message 2 of 7
marley1945
Valued Member

Yup saw that too, I have J Crew @ $27950 I was trying to make it an even $30k OCD thing.  I noticed that box an decided NO THANKS.

Smiley Indifferent

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think I’ll be closing a few cards. I’m not about to give a HP for a CLI that won’t even be approved on my pathetic $200-$500 limits.

Message 4 of 7
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Wow 28k is alot for ComentySmiley Wink Peghede would be proudSmiley Happy. I have 2 that are on the chopping block.
Message 5 of 7
Shawndoe79
Established Contributor

You can still request a cli without checking the box, i do it all the time, still a sp

Current Scores EQ 689| EX 688| TU 679
Comenity 57.5k| Navy Fed 52.5k| Capital One 32.3k| Synchrony 23k| BBVA Compass 5.5k| First Commerce 4k| Barclays 1.9k|
GARDENING UNTIL APPING....
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had a Commenity Total Rewards card at 2k.  I tried the CLI online and saw the box.  I declined to check the box allowing an HP but continued with the CLI request anyway.  I had immediate approval for $1200 increase.

But of course all that seems hallow and pathetic seeing Commenity store cards at 27K???  holy...

I have scores around 780.  sigh.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.