Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comenity CLI denials for newer accounts

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Comenity CLI denials for newer accounts

Hi all,

So myself and DH opened several Comenity CC's in the past year, most of them this year. We have used all of them at least one time, most of them several times and paid down to $0 balance. The reasons for denial are always something along the lines of "Your account is too new for an increase". I've tried the online luv button and also the robolady.

I did however manage to get a couple of small ($200) CLI on cards that were opened last year, so over 6 months ago.

So my question is, does Comenity have a secret 6 month rule on new accounts and CLI? Like.. should I not even bother trying to get a CLI with them until after 6 months has passed since opening an account? 

Message 1 of 46
45 REPLIES 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Comenity CLI denials for newer accounts

Woops sorry I didn't see you used the Robolady so edited my post.  What cards are you using. I have gotten increases like clockwork from Jcrew and Pottery Barn.  

Message 2 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've tried for a CLI once on my Overstock card since I got it in May, and got the "your account is too new" denial reason. Since I have a darn good CL already ($4k), I think I'll just let it sit until at least next month, maybe longer.

Message 3 of 46
Total80sKid
Senior Contributor

Yea, I got my Overstock card in early May with a whopper of a starting limit: $350

Have tried calling and hitting the luv button but always denies me.

Will give it just over 6 months and if I don't recieve a decent increase, I will be closing it.

I applied for it before I was approved for almost $30k in the last month, so I don't need the card at all.
Message 4 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Woops sorry I didn't see you used the Robolady so edited my post.  What cards are you using. I have gotten increases like clockwork from Jcrew and Pottery Barn.  

I have Children's Place, Roaman's, Lane Bryant. DH has Overstock, Zales, Hot Topic. Zales and Children's place are our oldest ones opened 8 and 10 months ago, and ones we have been able to get CLI on recently. I especially wanted CLI increases on the ones that aren't budging yet because most of them have really low limits ($300-$500).

Message 5 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I've tried for a CLI once on my Overstock card since I got it in May, and got the "your account is too new" denial reason. Since I have a darn good CL already ($4k), I think I'll just let it sit until at least next month, maybe longer.

That's around when DH got his Overstock card also, he also got 4k limit.. which I agree IS a nice limit but I've heard it can go much higher!

Message 6 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Total80sKid wrote:
Yea, I got my Overstock card in early May with a whopper of a starting limit: $350

Have tried calling and hitting the luv button but always denies me.

Will give it just over 6 months and if I don't recieve a decent increase, I will be closing it.

I applied for it before I was approved for almost $30k in the last month, so I don't need the card at all.

Yeah.. I can totally understand that! I'm super cautious about closing cards if they aren't costing me anything but then again I haven't had one stall out for more than 6 months at a low limit. I'm surprised they gave you such a low starting limit on Overstock.. that's lame!

Message 7 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

It took me 9 months to see an increase on my commenity cards 

Message 8 of 46
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Zales is one that wont give multiple increases like some Comenity cards. Maybe once every 6 months after first one about 9 months has been my experience. If they give you one and you try agsin, youll get a letter stating you just got an increase.
Message 9 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had to wait around 6-9 months for an increase on my HSN account. I think the increase time frame and amount differ based on whether the card is Comenity or Comenity Capital. 

I know for me its a no go on multiple increases at a time. The letters always say "last increase too soon" or "need to establish a pattern of making payments at the current limit".

I was shocked at the low limit I got with Goody's $800 it refuses to move I get the account to new establish payments notice. I really should have said no when asked to get the card but I am in Goody's or another Stage store so often and I knew the cashier... 

Message 10 of 46
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.