Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comenity Cards

tag
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Comenity Cards

Is this the message you guys and girls have been seeing too?

tt.jpg

I keep a strict schedule on the 4 month plus a day SP CLI Request but this is all I see anymore.

(2) Comenity bankcards over 1 year with reasonable usage and always PIF.

Should I let a balance post maybe to draw a SP CLI again?

This is the first time those 2 cards didn't get one and their limits are 4300 & 6300 respectively.

70 REPLIES 70
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Comenity Cards

Yup, I keep seeing that too. I chatted with them online (via their secure email) and they wanted me to call in. I will eventually, but it's frustrating I can't do the SP online anymore. 

Message 2 of 71
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Yup, I keep seeing that too. I chatted with them online (via their secure email) and they wanted me to call in. I will eventually, but it's frustrating I can't do the SP online anymore. 

Well I'm not the only one then.

I was kind of looking forward to growing those (2) cards to at least $10K but if the CLI's are not going to keep pace anymore then my first option has to be to SD them and then in 6 months (if not sooner) close them out completely if still stuck on those numbers.

I'm reaching a point in my current profile where no growth cards are better out of the line up.

Message 3 of 71
Anonymous
Not applicable

How often/soon after getting a Comenity card do you generally do CLI requests?

Message 4 of 71
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

As I mentioned above it's been every 4 months plus 1 day.

This is the first time that I noticed any Comenity bankcards I have or have had before that didn't follow up with this schedule.

It does take a full 9 months on some of them to get the first SP CLI but these cards are over one year history.

Message 5 of 71
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I generally do every 3 months and it hasn't been an issue until now. 

Message 6 of 71
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's good to know. We're rebuilding and just scored 2 Comenity cards with low balances $250 ea, so I wasn't sure how soon to ask them for a CLI.

Message 7 of 71
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I generally do every 3 months and it hasn't been an issue until now. 

Yeah I know.

I been at this a few years with other Comenity cards so something like this is very noticeable and sometimes signals a change with the lender, sometimes not and yet other times just a brief delay for whatever reasons.

The other 2 cards with Comenity are store cards and I stopped requesting for those many months ago on my own.

But you are right, until now I also been seeing SP CLI's on a fairly regular schedule. They are going SD now.

Message 8 of 71
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

That's what we see on our Wayfair , but as long as we are over 30 days we get a small bump ,.anything bf it's that message , also gotten that on my PB card it's over 30 days since I opened it and thought I could try for a CLI bc I have seen others have alot of success right away with them but no go for me yet
Message 9 of 71
Anonymous
Not applicable

CM7, my Total Rewards Visa will only do it at 4 months + 4 day intervals - possibly try that?

Seems silly to have to wait a few extra days, I know, but it seems to work for me. Maybe even wait until the 4 months + 6 days mark to give it a little extra wiggle room.

Message 10 of 71
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.