Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comenity Virgin America

tag
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Comenity Virgin America

Just an update. I finally got ahold of someone else in the EO. Once again she provided ZERO information. She wouldnt even tell me what EO purpose is. She gave me the number to Acct Protection and ended the call. So i dial Account Protection and after patiently waiting on hold he goes through the application only to advise me i have a security freeze on EX. Well duh!! He is perplexed when i tell him i am looking at their hard inquiry on EQ and advises me to dispute with EQ. He says they have no ownership of what gets hard pulled. I ask to escalate.

The Supervisor then advises me they tried to pull EX but with the security freeze they alternately pulled EQ. So i was denied because of the EX security freeze. I asked what the result of the EQ inquiry was and she said it is frozen. I corrected her that EQ is not frozen. She said no theyre both frozen and they can hard pull anything regardless of security freeze. At this point i say i want the card and offer to lift the freeze. She says nope nothing i can do. I ask to speak to her direct report.

He comes on and offers to remove the inquiry. He can't give me a clear answer of when i can reapply. He says he filled out the form to remove the EQ inquiry. I say goodbye and call the EO. She tells me the exact same thing if i have a freeze on one report it covers all three. Again no acknowledgement of the result of the EQ pull. At this point i lost my temper and advised the amount of misinformation given to me is mind-boggling. I ask t9 speak to a credit analyst and that is denied. She tells me when i am eligible to reapply and i advised her where they can stick the VX card. I really tried to keep my cool but when they blatantly make up rules like "oh we do9 a hard inquiry to find out there's a security freeze" i lose my patience. The incompetence is beyond me.
Message 21 of 23
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@B335is wrote:
Just an update. I finally got ahold of someone else in the EO. Once again she provided ZERO information. She wouldnt even tell me what EO purpose is. She gave me the number to Acct Protection and ended the call. So i dial Account Protection and after patiently waiting on hold he goes through the application only to advise me i have a security freeze on EX. Well duh!! He is perplexed when i tell him i am looking at their hard inquiry on EQ and advises me to dispute with EQ. He says they have no ownership of what gets hard pulled. I ask to escalate.

The Supervisor then advises me they tried to pull EX but with the security freeze they alternately pulled EQ. So i was denied because of the EX security freeze. I asked what the result of the EQ inquiry was and she said it is frozen. I corrected her that EQ is not frozen. She said no theyre both frozen and they can hard pull anything regardless of security freeze. At this point i say i want the card and offer to lift the freeze. She says nope nothing i can do. I ask to speak to her direct report.

He comes on and offers to remove the inquiry. He can't give me a clear answer of when i can reapply. He says he filled out the form to remove the EQ inquiry. I say goodbye and call the EO. She tells me the exact same thing if i have a freeze on one report it covers all three. Again no acknowledgement of the result of the EQ pull. At this point i lost my temper and advised the amount of misinformation given to me is mind-boggling. I ask t9 speak to a credit analyst and that is denied. She tells me when i am eligible to reapply and i advised her where they can stick the VX card. I really tried to keep my cool but when they blatantly make up rules like "oh we do9 a hard inquiry to find out there's a security freeze" i lose my patience. The incompetence is beyond me.

First I am really sorry that it happened to you.

But second I'm really glad I'm not the only one that find these employees beyond incompetent and I don't know if you can blame training on all of it since you are all the way up in the presidents office... they are beyond clueless how credit reporting and credit in general works... it's mind numbing.

sorry you couldn't get your card Smiley Sad

Message 22 of 23
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

@Creditaddict wrote:

@B335is wrote:

First I am really sorry that it happened to you.

But second I'm really glad I'm not the only one that find these employees beyond incompetent and I don't know if you can blame training on all of it since you are all the way up in the presidents office... they are beyond clueless how credit reporting and credit in general works... it's mind numbing.

sorry you couldn't get your card Smiley Sad

Thanks CA,

I know everyone says don't get emotional, but dealing with these individuals just blows me away.  There's not enough Vodka in the house to deal with them.  Even when I offer to unfreeze EX their answer is "you need to reapply and we will use the same information."  I am so close to closing Sportsmans Guide, MyPoints and Trek cards.  I can't stand dealing with them.

Message 23 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.