Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comenity vs Synchrony Bank

tag
Creditbuilder36
Frequent Contributor

Comenity vs Synchrony Bank

It's seems that Comenity bank loves me and we'll Synchrony seems to take their time I recived my Jcpenny card in December way before my J Crew card and I've already gotten an increase on my J Crew ~~250 to 500 but my Jcpenny card (synchrony bank ) still is sitting at 500. I have several Comenity cards and they all seem generous to me ~~> Synchrony seems to be stricter
Message 1 of 32
31 REPLIES 31
ddemari
Super Contributor

Re: Comenity vs Synchrony Bank

Synchrony does things differently but better imho, granted synch wants 4 statements to cut before you can get an increase via their luv button, with JCP u can usually chat an increase immediately or call credit solutions and ask for a CLI, it's a soft pull and takes just minutes.'
Message 2 of 32
Creditbuilder36
Frequent Contributor

I will try that with Jc penny also I have a Walmart Card and an American Eagle card the latter 2 accounts are newer but I've had my Penny's account since Dec so I will try what you suggested. And let you know what happens thanks
Message 3 of 32
CountryLivin
Valued Contributor

I have cards from both companies, but I use my comenity cards more.......they have been much better to me in terms of credit increases.

Message 4 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Banks love no one. They will shut your accounts down quicker than you could ever say "Comenity bank loves me".

Message 5 of 32
Creditbuilder36
Frequent Contributor

That's a figure of speech I know how banks are What I meant was Comenity seems to be giving increases more than Synchrony Trust me I'm well aware of how things run 🙂
Message 6 of 32
MrsCHX
Valued Contributor

I think it's always, always, always "you will get what your profile can bear".

I have synch cards (Amazon, Walmart, TJ Maxx, Care Credit). I have had both Amazon and WM for 5 months - NO LUV. No luv via button, via chat, via Credit Solutions. I can't get anything with them so far. My TU score has increased almost 30 points since opening the cards (614 to 641). Nothing.

I have Comenity cards (JCrew, Pier1, Ann Taylor, Victoria's Secret). AT Is 3 months old the others are 5 months old - NO LUV. No luv via button or via Robot Lady. Again, my TU score has increased.

I have given up requesting CLIs on any of these for awhile. It's frustrating. So while I've seen success; down to 1 collection from 6, my student loans will be rehabbed in December, removing 12 lates on each of 3 loans, my utilization is down to maybe 20%...I still have 2 judgments. One will fall off summer 2017 and the other summer 2018. And I can only get so far with those on my reports.

NFCU: $25,000; PenFed Power Cash Rewards: $3,500; PenFed Gold: $2,500; Capital One: $2,300; Nordstrom Visa: $2,000; Credit One: $1,250
Amazon: 800; Kohls: $1,500
Message 7 of 32
Creditbuilder36
Frequent Contributor

I do believe you have a point there I'm also experiencing that with my Kohls account through Capitol one but Comenity seems to share the love with me for whatever reason I just make sure I'm careful and responsible because just as sure as they can issue it they also can take it ✔️ Synchrony seems to be giving me a tough time with the increases (Walmart Jcpenny and American Eagle ) I have had my Jcpenny card since December ~~> no luv
Message 8 of 32
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Hi @ MrsCHX, Dont give up hope just yet your score is rising and you are almost near the score i believe Walmart and such will give you better clis, i think once you get above 670 you will have much better chances. Heck i got those increases nd i still have my bk7 on my TU til next April so keep your head up. They will come soon enough! CheersSmiley Happy
Message 9 of 32
MrsCHX
Valued Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
@Anonymous @ MrsCHX, Dont give up hope just yet your score is rising and you are almost near the score i believe Walmart and such will give you better clis, i think once you get above 670 you will have much better chances. Heck i got those increases nd i still have my bk7 on my TU til next April so keep your head up. They will come soon enough! CheersSmiley Happy

Thanks Smiley Happy When I get in the rut I remind myself "marathon, not sprint". I've had a 720+ score before and can do it again. Patience, patience, patience. 

NFCU: $25,000; PenFed Power Cash Rewards: $3,500; PenFed Gold: $2,500; Capital One: $2,300; Nordstrom Visa: $2,000; Credit One: $1,250
Amazon: 800; Kohls: $1,500
Message 10 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.