Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Commenity recon is useless.

tag
Cleaningitup2016
Frequent Contributor

Commenity recon is useless.

They asked for me to wait for a letter in the mail.

After talking to 3-4 people on 2 diff phone numbers.. no one has acess to application data!

They have to go by the letter.

What is this 1976?

Every credit account I have, they have a team that can view application data!

Credit Card companies have a name for those who pay their bill in full each month: Deadbeats
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Commenity recon is useless.

Sorry to hear.  Not every bank does recons after a denial and Comenity is one of them unfortunately.. Hang in there..

Message 2 of 5
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Unfortunately Comenity doesn't reconsider applications like some other Banks do.  A few years ago I managed to find the EO contact number and actually found someone with the ability to overturn the computer decision, but I'm afraid that was a very isolated experience.  The front line staff just goes by whatever the computer tells them.

Message 3 of 5
Cleaningitup2016
Frequent Contributor

Do you have that number?

There TRULY has to be something screwy going on for me to only get approved via the shopping cart trick and not hard applying/

I also find it weird how I can get approved for $1,000 with Williams-Sonoma, but a measly $250 with Jcrew.

Credit Card companies have a name for those who pay their bill in full each month: Deadbeats
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

One thing I noticed is that if I apply for more than one Comenity bank card a month they will be declined. The "store cards" I only got approved for $250 limits but the store/ MC cards I got approved for $1000. I had applied for two store/MC card on the same day got approved for one but not the other....I don't understand if they are all through Comenity how do they all not get approved?!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.