Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confirm SDFCU HARD PULL since 1/1/2016!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Confirm SDFCU HARD PULL since 1/1/2016!

Today I was checking on SDFCU young debit account  for my girl and call them to find out about it.  I spoke with a very nice young lady CSR she confirm that they now pull 3 CB. She stated that they are not concern about scores, they are more interesting in available CL,  utilization % and payment behavior.   I have to call tomorrow to open the Minor checking account, I will keep you post. 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Confirm SDFCU HARD PULL since 1/1/2016!

Thanks this does confirm recent reports 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 7
cem13
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Today I was checking on SDFCU young debit account  for my girl and call them to find out about it.  I spoke with a very nice young lady CSR she confirm that they now pull 3 CB. She stated that they are not concern about scores, they are more interesting in available CL,  utilization % and payment behavior.   I have to call tomorrow to open the Minor checking account, I will keep you post. 

CSR make me laugh.  Of course they are concerned about credit score because CL, utilization % and payment behavior is about 80% of the FICO Score.  The only thing they are missing is AAOA and Inquires.

This reminds me of a discussion I had with Comcast.  I told her that I liked Directv.  The CSR went on to bash DTV about weather affecting service.  Then I said, well what about the utility pole that gets hit every time it snows by cars who lose control.  This knocks out the cable for the entire subdivision for a week.

Her answer:  "Well we are not responsible for 'Acts of God'".   I laughed so hard that I could not speak.  The CSR started to laugh with me.  I then asked if she actually heard and understood what she was saying.  She still did not get it.

CSR=The Devil, except for Navy Federal CU because they are Heavenly.

FICO 08 JUL23: TU 850; EQ 846; EX 843. Clean since BK7 D/C 6/2011.
Message 3 of 7
willwar14
Valued Contributor

3 CB? All 3 CRA?
CH7 FILED: 08/18/2022, DC: 01/23/2023
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

HI everone, finally today open the checking accont for m DD, because is a minor account was a SP but the CSR state today it is a 3CB HP for CC Loans etc, and the HP is only good for 30 days. 

Message 5 of 7
sjt
Senior Contributor

@cem13 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

CSR make me laugh.  Of course they are concerned about credit score because CL, utilization % and payment behavior is about 80% of the FICO Score.  The only thing they are missing is AAOA and Inquires.

This reminds me of a discussion I had with Comcast.  I told her that I liked Directv.  The CSR went on to bash DTV about weather affecting service.  Then I said, well what about the utility pole that gets hit every time it snows by cars who lose control.  This knocks out the cable for the entire subdivision for a week.

Her answer:  "Well we are not responsible for 'Acts of God'".   I laughed so hard that I could not speak.  The CSR started to laugh with me.  I then asked if she actually heard and understood what she was saying.  She still did not get it.

What SDFCU is saying is that they are focusing on debt/utilization and the amount of available credit. You can have a high credit score and be declined for their product because you have high debt (in their view) or to much avaiable credit.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@sjt wrote:

@cem13 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

What SDFCU is saying is that they are focusing on debt/utilization and the amount of available credit. You can have a high credit score and be declined for their product because you have high debt (in their view) or to much avaiable credit.

This is on point. I have high scores but the app did not include my secondary income which was more than my primary. We spent 3 days going back and forth with underwriting until I was able to upload my tax return for the last few years. Then boom, approved for 15K CC and 10K PLOC.

In the process of moving all banking activities over to them as well. The Advantage checking while still 0.43% interest beast Chanse hands down. The FinancialWorks buil into the account is a nice touch. The iPhone App is simple and quick to use. The website remindes me of 1990's technology but it gets the job done. The CSR has been fantastic.

the shared credit union thing where I can go to several CU in my area and do full banking services is nice as well.

A lot of that is not unique to SDFCU but a perk of belonging to any CU.

Back on point - They most likely do not look at scores - They look at the stuff that makes up the score and apply their own risk model to it. A good score just tells you that the parts that make it up are good. Combine those parts with manual review for income (every app) and they manage risk.

The also have Flexipoints and a perks mall that is better than Discover's Shopping mall. I just got 5x points on Macmall which will translate into $150.00 in gift cards. 

I say go for it. If your debt and income support it then you are good. and if they are good so will your score be, even though they may not put much into the scores

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.