Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Consider NASA...questions

tag
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Consider NASA...questions

JLU,  

Open a savings $5, it is a SP then once that is open and you get your confirmation of approval apply for CC and should still be SP from what people are saying.  

Message 36 of 953
TheClub
Frequent Contributor

Just forked up the $5 for an savings account. As soon as I was approved... applied for the CC.

Once I was approved for the CC, two options appeared. One for a CashBack Rewards and another for Advantage Rewards. Both were showing $20k limit but I could only choose one. So I went with the lower APR.

"When you're fresh meat you kill... and give them something fresher" (Frank Underwood)
Message 37 of 953
Jlu
Established Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

JLU,  

Open a savings $5, it is a SP then once that is open and you get your confirmation of approval apply for CC and should still be SP from what people are saying.  

If this is a HP I'm going to hunt you down.

AMEX BCP $35k | Citi Double Cash $30k | PenFed PlatRewards $25k | Barclaycard $40k | Chase Freedom $25k | BofA Cash Rewards $40K | US Bank Cash+ $4500 | Discover IT $25k | NASA Platinum-Advantage $40k | CapOne Quicksilver $15k | Amazon Card $10k | Ten years on myFICO from 510 to 780 scores
Message 38 of 953
TheClub
Frequent Contributor

@Jlu wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

JLU,  

If this is a HP I'm going to hunt you down.

It's an SP

"When you're fresh meat you kill... and give them something fresher" (Frank Underwood)
Message 39 of 953
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Lol don't blame the messenger lol.  Just reading what other people have stated and what I have seen on my experian report thus far.

Message 40 of 953
Jlu
Established Contributor

So I opened the account. When and where did you guys get a pre-approval notice?

AMEX BCP $35k | Citi Double Cash $30k | PenFed PlatRewards $25k | Barclaycard $40k | Chase Freedom $25k | BofA Cash Rewards $40K | US Bank Cash+ $4500 | Discover IT $25k | NASA Platinum-Advantage $40k | CapOne Quicksilver $15k | Amazon Card $10k | Ten years on myFICO from 510 to 780 scores
Message 41 of 953
Anonymous
Not applicable

Apologize for trying to steal the attention from the OP, but I was wondering if you fellow creditheads (I don't know what else to call everyone here lol) could shed some insight on my chances of attaining a card from NASA FCU?

I've 4 cards (all in my signature)

AAoA is around 8 months (I'm only 19, so yeah)

3 cards have 0 balance, but my discover is at a pretty high utilization

Discover at around 70% utilization, overall utilization is around 40%

Have 8 inquiries, 4 of them are recent

No baddies

Credit score roams around mid to latter 600's

Income of approx. 25k (do they require income verification?)

I'm not looking for a 25-30k limit like many have gotten here. Just looking to get my foot in the door and hopefully build up a relationship with the NASA FCU to such credit limits!

All feedback is much appreciated! Thanks in advance! 

Message 42 of 953
TheClub
Frequent Contributor

@Jlu wrote:

So I opened the account. When and where did you guys get a pre-approval notice?

There's no pre-approval notice. Just apply for the CC as you would any other. Fill in the required information and you should get your results. 

Message 43 of 953
Jlu
Established Contributor

Hm when I click Credit Card from my account page it takes me to a page that asks if I want to Join the CU, Apply Now or Check Status .. I would assume it would be Apply Now but it asks for my email twice and password which tries to create a new account when I already have one.. **bleep**?

Message 44 of 953
TheClub
Frequent Contributor

I've experienced something similiar, but once I was able to get passed confirming my e-mail and PW the application page appeared. Majority of first page was occupied with info that I plugged in during my memebership app. The second page requested current and previous employment information while the third was confirmation and then another security check. 

Hope this information helps. The website does seem to be a little outdated IMO but this was in fact the easiest $20k I gotten and it only required 2 SP's (one for memebership and one for CC). 

Message 45 of 953
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.