Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Costco Amex Approved!!!

tag
dabrian
Frequent Contributor

Costco Amex Approved!!!

Super happy!! And also surprised.  Received the gold card three weeks ago and apped in store today and to my surprise was instantly approved with a limit of $1200 which is my lowest limit but am really just happy to get a revolver with Amex so quickly after starting my credit journey.  Myfico equifax is currently 680, tu is 690, and I believe my experian is my highest as it has the least inquires of the three and also one less negative from several years ago.

NFCU Sig Cash-20k/ Amex BCP-19.4k/ Amex Costco-1.2k/Chase Marriott-12k/CSP-13.4k/ Freedom-5.5k/ Discover IT-14k/NCSECU-5k/Walmart-10k/Lowes-25k
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Costco Amex Approved!!!

@dabrian wrote:

Super happy!! And also surprised.  Received the gold card three weeks ago and apped in store today and to my surprise was instantly approved with a limit of $1200 which is my lowest limit but am really just happy to get a revolver with Amex so quickly after starting my credit journey.  Myfico equifax is currently 680, tu is 690, and I believe my experian is my highest as it has the least inquires of the three and also one less negative from several years ago.

Congrats 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 14
ObeyJohnny12
Established Contributor

@dabrian wrote:

Congrats! That's an amex revolver I want to app for but I am committed to gardening. Smiley Happy

Enjoy your new card. 

Wells Fargo Secured - 7k
Opensky - 5k
Rebuilding One Day At A Time.
Message 3 of 14
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 4 of 14
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@dabrian wrote:

CONGRATS!!! Smiley Happy

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 5 of 14
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

Congrats!

Message 6 of 14
score_building
Senior Contributor

Sweet! Nice one!! a grower too Smiley Happy

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 7 of 14
dabrian
Frequent Contributor

Thanks everybody!!  Off to the garden I go to let my accounts age, at this point the best thing for me is to get my inquirees aged off and get my aaoa increased.  

NFCU Sig Cash-20k/ Amex BCP-19.4k/ Amex Costco-1.2k/Chase Marriott-12k/CSP-13.4k/ Freedom-5.5k/ Discover IT-14k/NCSECU-5k/Walmart-10k/Lowes-25k
Message 8 of 14
dabrian
Frequent Contributor

BTW does it matter when I cancel the gold card I received just three weeks ago to get my foot in the door?  Card is pif at the moment if that helps. Thanks

Message 9 of 14
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@dabrian wrote:

BTW does it matter when I cancel the gold card I received just three weeks ago to get my foot in the door?  Card is pif at the moment if that helps. Thanks

Does it have an AF//

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.