cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could initial fraud alert on my EQ be the reason I wasn't approved for Childrens Place (comenity)?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Could initial fraud alert on my EQ be the reason I wasn't approved for Childrens Place (comenity)?

So I found out today that Children's Place pulled my EQ report and when I applied online the other night I got a we will contact you within two weeks message. Do you think the fraud alert is why I seemed to have been denied? My fico8 scores currently are EX 626, EQ 597 TU 606 but they may have went up in the last few days because some baddies were removed. I have a cap 1 quicksilver, a fingerhut account and a brand new not even reported yet kohls card. No late payments in 2 years 5 months. I have a total of 3 open collections dating from 2013 and 2015.  I do have an old judgement still on my EQ. It is a civil judgement that is due to fall off in a couple of months in October. My utilization is at 7%. My oldest account is 11.5 years old and my newest is one month. Do you think there's much of a chance I will actually be approved if I call? I am hoping it's just the fraud alert that has caused a delay but that I will be approved for at least a small amount of credit. 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Re: Could initial fraud alert on my EQ be the reason I wasn't approved for Childrens Place (comenity

It could be just a verificatin letter. Just gotta wait and see.

ALWAYS make sure that if u have a FA on your file to make sure you list a contact phone number. That is very important

Also once an initial FA is placed on a file, the other CRA are notified and automatically added to them also.  Make sure they have your phone number listed also

Also keep in mind that Comenity has problems at times dealing with FAs. Be prepared.

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Could initial fraud alert on my EQ be the reason I wasn't approved for Childrens Place (comenity

I called the backdoor number and talked to a man at Comenity and good news.. I got approved for a Children's Place store card!! It's only a $250 starting limit but I don't even care. I am just so happy and thankful to be given a chance. 2.5 years ago I could barely open a bank account and now I have a fingerhut, capital 1 quicksilver, kohls, and childrens place card. My scores have all went up about 180 points in the past 2.5 years. It's been a lot of work and stressful as can be but so worth it. I can't believe how much my self esteem has went up just from having decent credit! 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.