cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Bureaus that each bank pulls for app?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit Bureaus that each bank pulls for app?

Once upon a time, I remember there being a post with a list of banks and which credit bureas they pull for apps/CLI 

Does anyone know where that went?

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
thornback
Senior Contributor

Re: Credit Bureaus that each bank pulls for app?

No, don't know anything about a post, but if you Google "Credit Pulls Database" you'll find a link to a very useful tool...
Personal Aphorism:"Forget What You Feel, Remember What You Deserve"
Starting FICO 8s | 09/2017: EX 641 ✦ EQ 634 ✦ TU 647
Current FICO 8s | 04/2022: EX 796 ✦ EQ 793 ✦ TU 790
Current FICO 9s | 04/2022: EX 790 ✦ EQ 788 ✦ TU 782
2022 Goal Score | 800s

My AAoA:
4.6 years not incl. AU / 4.9 years incl. AU
My AoOA: 9.2 years not incl. AU / 11.2 years incl. AU
Inquiries: EX 0/12 ✦ EQ 0/12 ✦ TU 0/12
Report Status: Clean
Garden Status:  

Without patience, we will learn less in life. We will see less. We will feel less. We will hear less. Ironically, rush and more usually mean less.
Message 2 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@thornbackwrote:
No, don't know anything about a post, but if you Google "Credit Pulls Database" you'll find a link to a very useful tool...

Holy macaroni, that's even better than the one I was looking for hahaha. Thanks so much!

Message 3 of 18
thornback
Senior Contributor

You're very welcome! Enjoy and Good Luck apping 😉
2022 Goal Score | 800s

My AAoA:
Garden Status:  

Without patience, we will learn less in life. We will see less. We will feel less. We will hear less. Ironically, rush and more usually mean less.
Message 4 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am really not looking forward to OP coming back to the thread later screaming about how the CPD was wrong about which bureau would be pulled.

There are no guarantees and its subject to human input error/reporting on its own.  Full of flaws, heck people report Cap One cards with just TU pulls when we all know Cap One ALWAYS pulls all three.

-_-  Use at your own risk.

Message 5 of 18
thornback
Senior Contributor

Sure you're right, @TheCreditGame.
But OP was originally searching for a forum post that existed "once upon a time", which is also subject to human error and inaccuracy - not to mention, the creditors' freedom to change app procedures at any given time. Thus, there is very little difference between the two sources.

The only definite way to know is to contact the creditor directly and ask the question. Any action other than that is taken at one's own risk.

FWIW, CPD has been accurate each time I've used it. And many of the *comments* for Cap1 CPD entries indicate that all 3 bureaus were pulled.
2022 Goal Score | 800s

My AAoA:
Garden Status:  

Message 6 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@thornbackwrote:
@Anonymous you're right, @Anonymous.
But OP was originally searching for a forum post that existed "once upon a time", which is also subject to human error and inaccuracy - not to mention, the creditors' freedom to change app procedures at any given time. Thus, there is very little difference between the two sources.

The only definite way to know is to contact the creditor directly and ask the question. Any action other than that is taken at one's own risk.

FWIW, CPD has been accurate each time I've used it. And many of the *comments* for Cap1 CPD entries indicate that all 3 bureaus were pulled.

Yeah and on the very next line you get the idiot that posted he got a 20k SL Venture with a 600 Vantage from CK, XD

I mean i know theres useful info there, ive referenced it enough, but it alone is not the wisest source of information.  General idea?  Yeah sure, but no better than Doctorofcredit or anything else out there, IMO.

Message 7 of 18
thornback
Senior Contributor

Haha..That is true..(re the idiot on the next line). I did not declare (or intend to implicate) the tool as more or less useful than any other site, I simply pointed in its direction as a rather useful resource - which I believe it to be.
2022 Goal Score | 800s

My AAoA:
Garden Status:  

Message 8 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymouswrote:

@thornbackwrote:
@Anonymous you're right, @Anonymous.

Yeah and on the very next line you get the idiot that posted he got a 20k SL Venture with a 600 Vantage from CK, XD

I mean i know theres useful info there, ive referenced it enough, but it alone is not the wisest source of information.  General idea?  Yeah sure, but no better than Doctorofcredit or anything else out there, IMO.

I appreciate both of your inputs on this! I'm not going on a spree anytime soon haha. I'm just doing my research and planning while waiting for my BK7 discharge. And you've both helped a ton! Thank you! 

Message 9 of 18
Peazmom
Frequent Contributor

Information on what bureau is pulled for various tradelines

Earlier this week I saw a spreadsheet that had been put together that showed which bureaus were pulled for different banks/credit cards.  Now I can’t seem to locate it.  Can any of you guys point me in the right directions?

Starting FICO 8 December 2017

FICO 8 as of 6/7/20

Sock Drawer:

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.