Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Card Pre-Qualification Links

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit Card Pre-Qualification Links

This seems to come up a lot so I thought I'd compile a list. Please comment about any other links with good pre-qualification sites and I'll update it.

• US Bank
  • Discover (After submitting, scroll down to the section giving rates. If it's a single rate or a narrow range (3%) it's potentially a good pre-qualification. If it's a wide range, it's likely just marketing and is not a pre-qualified offer).
  • AMEX
  • Chase
  • Citi
  • Capital One
  • Merrick
  • Home Depot

Happy hunting!

Message 1 of 51
50 REPLIES 50
grillandwinemaster
Valued Contributor

Re: Credit Card Pre-Qualification Links

Wow! Derrick has a prequal link?? There moving up

In the world. 

They used to be by invitation only...which was kind of ignoramus! 

Current Scores 3/2016 Equifax 676 Transunion 697 Experian 648 Goal Scores: 720's accross the board. Gardening Goal: 3/2017
Message 2 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

In a world with Credit Ones and their prequal link (which I didn't include, of course), Merrick is a good tweener in my book. Rebuilding can be tough, particularly for those who don't have extra cash for good secured cards.

Message 3 of 51
grillandwinemaster
Valued Contributor

Federalist, I completely agree with you. Merrick is a great way to go when rebuilding.

My issue with them is that when I waa rebuilding, they were by invitation only. I never got invited to the party until after my rebuild was well seasoned and I no longer needed them. 

Credit1 has a prequal site?? Now THAT'S incredible!

Current Scores 3/2016 Equifax 676 Transunion 697 Experian 648 Goal Scores: 720's accross the board. Gardening Goal: 3/2017
Message 4 of 51
sarge12
Senior Contributor

@grillandwinemaster wrote:

Federalist, I completely agree with you. Merrick is a great way to go when rebuilding.

My issue with them is that when I waa rebuilding, they were by invitation only. I never got invited to the party until after my rebuild was well seasoned and I no longer needed them. 

Credit1 needs a site to inform the unfortunate recipiants of their card. I'm sure they probably charge some kind of fee to actually see they have approved you for a 300 dollar limit with an 89 dollar annual fee. They should have to give some of it to Capital1 for so blatantly copying their card appearance. I guess the card is needed for rebuilders, but that would be a bitter pill to swallow.

TU fico08=812 07/16/23
EX fico08=809 07/16/23
EQ fico09=812 07/16/23
EX fico09=821 07/16/23
EQ fico bankcard08=832 07/16/23
TU Fico Bankcard 08=840 07/16/23
EQ NG1 fico=802 04/17/21
EQ Resilience index score=58 03/09/21
Unknown score from EX=784 used by Cap1 07/10/20
Message 5 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

Me too! I started getting mail offers after I already had a few good cards, and Merrick has offered progressively better limits each time they come. The funny thing is, though, that I just did their pre-qual today when I saw this thread and no offers came up. Maybe I've ignored them too much!

Message 6 of 51
Jerry45
Valued Contributor

Thanks for the links Fed. Appreciate itSmiley Happy

Message 7 of 51
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Me too! I started getting mail offers after I already had a few good cards, and Merrick has offered progressively better limits each time they come. The funny thing is, though, that I just did their pre-qual today when I saw this thread and no offers came up. Maybe I've ignored them too much!

I did it for kicks too and got nothing.  I did just add 7 new cards though....  I know I can't get any benefit from their card.  I even wonder if they have an algorithm that gives prequalification to those who are rebuilding and weeds out others?  

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 8 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

Merrick isn't giving me any preapprovals now - when they sent me their mailer a few months back, I did get the preapproval popup, but not now. I guess I'll just have to wait a while and see if anything changes.

Message 9 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does anyone know how reliable US Bank offers are on the pre-qual site? I always get the Harley Davidson Visa Siganture. Just curious about it. Don't need the card.

Message 10 of 51
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.