Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit Card

They couldn't find a record for me. What about the recommendations cards from credit karma, is the approval odds accurate?
Message 11 of 26
CYBERSAM
Senior Contributor

Experian offers Free credit report in their website. If your profile comes up then you should be able to get a card from Cap1

Message 12 of 26
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
They couldn't find a record for me. What about the recommendations cards from credit karma, is the approval odds accurate?

Unfortunately, the approval odds on CK are not accurate. Their's is for marketing purposes.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 13 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just tried applying for the BOA cash rewards and travel and got denied for both lol...  

Message 14 of 26
CYBERSAM
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I just tried applying for the BOA cash rewards and travel and got denied for both lol...  

😞 Most banks want to see at least 6mo to a year with open CC history, there are only handful that would give out CCs with very new to no profile. Cap1 is one of them 😎

Message 15 of 26
taekwon
Regular Contributor

@CYBERSAM wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

😞 Most banks want to see at least 6mo to a year with open CC history, there are only handful that would give out CCs with very new to no profile. Cap1 is one of them 😎

I agree with everything cybersamp has said. Cap1 is probably your best bet for an unsecured card with no foreign transaction fees. All of Cap1 cards do not charge foreign transaction fees, even their secured card. I travel extensively and never had an issue using my Cap1 cards.

Starting Scores: EQ 598, EX 566, TU 550, 3/31/13 ....... Goal Score: 830
Current Scores: EQ 845, EX 841, TU 836 ..................... Inq: EQ: 0, EX: 1, TU: 1

Message 16 of 26
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

My 19 yo has about 10 months credit history with a car loan. He was approved for the Cap1 Journey @ $1000 and Discover IT for $2000. His scores were ~685 Hope this helps.

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 17 of 26
joltdude
Senior Contributor

This is one of those cass i really would have tried Cap One or Discover ... You might have a chance with either.. but your starting to rack up inqs for no gain... Do you know if you are reporting a score (Credit Scorecard or even one off the Experian free monthly scores would do)

-J

Message 18 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

My credit score reports as 702, online on credit karma and on the paper that Bank of America sent me regarding the denying of a credit card.
Message 19 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

770 fico with no cards. Tell me how?
Message 20 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.