Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Cards and where I should go from here -- question

tag
cmm89
Frequent Contributor

Re: Credit Cards and where I should go from here -- question

I hope this doesn't SERIOUSLY bite me in the ass, but I became a member of Navy Fed through my grandpa just now and applied for and was approved for the Go Rewards card at $2,100. I eat out every day for lunch and this is simply the best card for that (3 pts for restaurants). Someone make me feel better about this decision... I'm beginning to think I should've waited for this one at least 6 months. Is this a big deal?

I never let my balances exceed $300 without paying them down first on any card. I feel like that has to be a positive!

TOTALLY in the garden for the next 2 years. Not even mad about it.

What I use (& strongly recommend): Chase Sapphire Reserve | BofA/ML (Premium Rewards VS, Cash Rewards VS, Merrill+ VS) | AmEx (Amazon Prime Business)

What I have: NFCU | PenFed | General Electric CU | Wright Patt CU | Discover | BBVA | Apple Card (GS)

Total CL with Bank of America = $100,000 (Platinum Honors Merrill Client). I am a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ practitioner, so feel free to message me if you have any planning/credit questions.

EQ 759, EX 765, TU 771 (06/10/2022)

I started with scores in the 400s in 2016. This forum is a Godsend--focus on the journey, be patient, and you'll definitely get there no matter the circumstances!

Message 11 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.