Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Pulls DB of no help, ? on typical scores

tag
BallBounces
Valued Contributor

Credit Pulls DB of no help, ? on typical scores

I already looked at the credit pulls DB for this answer, and it is of no help. Limited, outdated infor relative to my question:

Is there a typiclal FICO range we know where Merrick and Credit One send "Pre approve" offers?  Sub 600?

050719:     
021924:     

FICO 08 scores listed and are stagnated until multiple derogatory items expire over the next two years.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Credit Pulls DB of no help, ? on typical scores

580-640...  580 or lower for credit one I am guessing (you don't want them) and into the 600's for merrick, but you can't apply for merrick without being invited.. Usually by the time most people get an inviation to merrick they have outgrown them.. Merrick worked pretty well for me while I had it, think I got it arond the 600-620 TU fico range being inviation for 700 for 7 months then 1400 after 7 months of on-time payments

Message 2 of 6
BallBounces
Valued Contributor

Thank you.  Valuable information.  Anyone else corraborate?

050719:     
021924:     

FICO 08 scores listed and are stagnated until multiple derogatory items expire over the next two years.
Message 3 of 6
Erusidhion
Frequent Contributor

Credit One has a pre-qualify right on the first page of their website. It's not a hard pull; it's only a soft and it doesn't affect your credit score whatsoever. I would just use this and see where you stand when it comes to an offer. I wouldn't wait on a mailer from them, it's kind of pointless because of the pre-quaify on thier website you can use instead. Don't get a Merrick card. Here's another company like Credit One where they only charge an annual fee:

https://www.milestonegoldcard.com/

This card also has a pre-qualify spot on their main page that you can check with. Keep in mind that Credit One charges interest as soon as a charge posts. Milestone works just like a regular credit card however. I got a $500 Credit One/$300 Milestone card just recently. Good luck! I would not ever bother with cards that charge a processing fee + monthly charge + annual fee. That's way too much. BUT some people have them and that's their choice. It has served them very well in rebuilding their credit regardless of the fees.

I chose the above two cards because I didn't want to tie up money in more secured cards. Everyone makes their own decision in the end and we're always here to support you either way! Good luck!

EQ 654 -- 43 Inquiries
TU 695 -- 54 Inquiries
EX 668 -- 50 Inquiries

Utilization: 9% AAoA: 20 months Total History: 3Y
Updated: 08/04/2017 Premier 3B
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@VistaV wrote:

Thank you.  Valuable information.  Anyone else corraborate?

Yes, I can. Here's my experience with CreditOne:

They can eat a big fat, fee. They charge you one too many fees, stay away from them unless this is your ONLY option, even then, I wouldn't recommend it. I will admit, when I didn't have any credit cards and didn't know any better, these dirtbags approved me for $600. Got an increase to $700 in a month. The worst part is, you want to add an AU? FEE. You want a CLI? FEE. You want to pay your bill? FEE. You cough on the phone while talking to customer service? FEE. Shower more than 4x a week? FEE. 

...you get the picture. 

Message 5 of 6
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Erusidhion wrote:

Credit One has a pre-qualify right on the first page of their website. It's not a hard pull; it's only a soft and it doesn't affect your credit score whatsoever. I would just use this and see where you stand when it comes to an offer. I wouldn't wait on a mailer from them, it's kind of pointless because of the pre-quaify on thier website you can use instead. Don't get a Merrick card. Here's another company like Credit One where they only charge an annual fee:

https://www.milestonegoldcard.com/

This card also has a pre-qualify spot on their main page that you can check with. Keep in mind that Credit One charges interest as soon as a charge posts. Milestone works just like a regular credit card however. I got a $500 Credit One/$300 Milestone card just recently. Good luck! I would not ever bother with cards that charge a processing fee + monthly charge + annual fee. That's way too much. BUT some people have them and that's their choice. It has served them very well in rebuilding their credit regardless of the fees.

I chose the above two cards because I didn't want to tie up money in more secured cards. Everyone makes their own decision in the end and we're always here to support you either way! Good luck!

I am very sorry but I COMPLETLY disagree with your advise..  Merrick is WAY better then credit one or milestone....  Completly different leagues..  Yes merrick is a re-builder but they don't gouge you with fees near as bad as credit one or milestone.  Sometimes people don't have an option in that case I would go a secured card route, same results of rebuilding credit without the fees... Such as SDFCU is a good example.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.