Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Union Apps, please advice

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit Union Apps, please advice

BECU is great my fiancé banks with them for auto and credit card. She did suggest to add me as joint owner and AU for credit but I said I'll hold on that to see how I progress. My true hold back is that I am worried about the liens holding and taking money from the account something I didn't tell her, obviously.
Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Quick update from apps. I wasn't expecting any approvals but since they pulled inq's I might as well see.

UNIFY FCU - Experian Inquiry - Denied for too much obligations, child support

Penfed Visa - Denied
- recent derogatory/collection/public record
- too many inquiries

WSECU - still in progress.
Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update and question -

NFCU - approved for membership. They pulled TU but they also pulled EX, is there a reason why they pulled EX rather than the typical TU and EQ?

My EX file is cleaner compared to the other two. And since they are hard pulls should I try to App with my standing?
Message 13 of 14
CreditDunce
Valued Contributor

If you don't mind another HP, go ahead and app.  They are one of the most forgiving CUs around.   I think your best chance would be the nRewards Secured.  It is one of the better secured cards available.  They often will unsecure it after a year.  Once unsecured, NFCU is easy to product change.  Another bonus is they are supposed to start offering a free FICO score for credit card holders later this year.  I suspect it will only be every other month, but it would be a decent way to keep track of your credit rebuilding.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.