Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit card app spreeeee!!

tag
lesse
Frequent Contributor

Credit card app spreeeee!!

hello so i had only 2 cards with decent limits (NFCU - 12.5k and 7.5k) and the rest was under 1k each- anywho i decided after some gardening and a big score jump to do some apping.. i requested a credit limit increase for the cards i use (lowes- 800 to 17k    AND Homedepot 700 to 15K) NICE right... so then i did BOA 1k to a measly 3,900) oh yeah then i did Sams club went from 800 to 2k .. again i wont complain a few years ago i wouldnt DARE apply to any of these without cowering in a corner.. anywho

I THEN did 2 new credit cards i did a Cap one venture card- approved instantly for 10k and then i did an blue cash amex - instantly approved 8k .. not TOO bad... so my question IS .... will i LOSE my limits if i dont use these cards?? i honestly cant see myself EVER spending this kind of money..  will re-evaulate my cards and determine which will get me the best points/savings etc but honestly i dont think ill ever use them that much.. will this cause me to lose points or anything?   also does this look like a good mix? i want some "important cards" lol to ramp up my file .. i did some research to see how to get decent limits so i think i did OK...any thoughts/input???

START (FICO): 1/28/2013 EQ: 499 EX: 558 TU: 536
Lender Pull:
UPDATED SCORE 10/2015: EX: 763 TU: 709 EQ: 720

GOAL 800 Across the board
Wallet:Credit One $600; NFCU (secured- Changed to unsecured) $7500; NFCU (Unsecured)$500- increase to $12,500 BOA: $1000 Home Depot/Lowes $800 each Childrens Place $350 Sams Club $800
Garden Time Smiley Happy
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Credit card app spreeeee!!

I don't think you would lose your limits if you don't use your card all the way to its max. However, lenders can close accounts due to inactivity, so just be sure to use your cards regularly and rotate them or charge something small on them every month or two if they're SD'd. Grats on the successes though!

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 2 of 3
KSK1912
Valued Contributor

Re: Credit card app spreeeee!!

I think you have a nice set of cards. Due to my credit until recently, i was not a big CC user as all i had was a wells fargo secured card. So i have never been big on which card gives how many points, and which card is better for gas and all that stuff. But as far as your creditors go, yes i believe with my little experience you do have a nice collection with good SL's. Since the economy is not as bad as it was around 2012/2013 i don't think any lender would decrease your limit because you are not using them. I would recommend putting at least one recurring charge on each card, such as a cable bill, phone bill, or netflix, so that each card gets used at least once a month. And the rest of the time, you can either leave couple at home and take the others with you, and rotate this every week or every other week, so they all get a little bit of daily use. Besides this, all i can say is Congrats on your approvals and cli's.

6/14/15: Equifax 576 Experian 542 Transunion 571
8/17/15: Equifax 626 Experian 619 Transunion 622
9/28/15: Equifax 655 Experian 636 Transunion 641
11/11/15: Equifax 698 Experian 687 Transunion 672
Short Term Goal Score: 720 Across the board

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Are you free Tuesday..?
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.