Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit card online or in store

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit card online or in store

I have never once applied for any card in the store and was wondering if the odds are better online or in the store. Does it really matter which one. 

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit card online or in store

Hey dude. I don't think it makes a difference, but if you do it in store, you usually get an immediate discount on whatever you're buying (if there's a discount offer available).

Message 2 of 10
Anomalous
Senior Contributor

It seems that you can get a higher starting CL if you app in store due to the ID verification process.

Keep both your credit and your body in top shape!

Message 3 of 10
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Depends on which store. What store and we can give you a bit more adviceSmiley Happy
Message 4 of 10
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Bloomingdales, Nordstrom, Macys and Best Buy are best to apply in store. Quick verification and you're automatically considered foe Amex, MC or Visa versions.
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Menards is what I wondering about. Which is cap1 servicing. 

Message 6 of 10
Zorasmiles
Established Contributor

Menard's is usually better to apply in store, especially if you're making a large purchase.  Starting line is higher and tend to have different in store promotions.

FICO scores are your calling card to the business world. Build a negative reputation and those doors are hard to open, find that perfect balance of credit responsibility and those doors open when you desire them.
Message 7 of 10
DeadlyPersona
Frequent Contributor

I prefer to app in especially for places like Best Buy or Lowe's where you may be making a larger purchase and can receive a higher credit limit to start off.

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok I'll probably try it for the first time. We will see how it goes. Thanks guys and ladies if there were any that responded to post. 

Message 9 of 10
DeadlyPersona
Frequent Contributor

Good Luck.....(lady here) Smiley Wink

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.