cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit one ultra fast CLI - very happy with them!

tag
blink182
Established Member

Credit one ultra fast CLI - very happy with them!

Hey Fico Friends......just wanted to let you know of a positive experience I've just had with Credit One.  I received a pre-approval a little over a month ago in my mailbox, and was excited to get more unsecured credit.  

They approved me with a limit of $400.  I've used the card for all of my purchases, and paid the balance in full each week.  I've only had the card in my possession for about 30 days, and this morning I noticed a little bump in my score....and after a little sleuthing found that Credit One raised my limit to $550 without me even asking!!!!

The only thing I don't like about the card (other than the fees that come with subprime) is that you can only make 4 payments in a month. however, this quick CLI just made me happy to make it the number one card in my wallet (my Capitol One $300 unsecured has stayed at that same limit for 2 years without an ncrease even though I've asked for one).

Just keeping you in the loop,

9/2012  USAA scores EXP 525/TU 543/EQU 560

11/2012 USAA scores EXP 640/TU 610/EQU 607

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
beb86
Valued Contributor

Re: Credit one ultra fast CLI - very happy with them!

Just be aware that there is no grace period.so unless you immediately pay your balance in full after you use your card you will be charged interest.

Message 2 of 11
lylesvegas
Contributor

Nice pick up !!
Amex BCE...Amex ED...Barclay WMC...Priceline Rewards Visa...Cap One Venture...Total Rewards Visa...Wells Fargo Visa...Discover IT...Pay Pal Smart Connect...Overstock Store Card...Lowe's Store Card

Message 3 of 11
CruzImperial
Established Contributor

This made me very happy. Congrats
Fico Scores: . Walmart TU 748 . Garden 8/19 2014 .

Cap One Journey 500 | Discover IT 500 | GE Home Design 5.6k | GE HHGREGG 5k | Amex Zync NPSL | Amex BCE 6k | Citi Forward 4.2k | Citi Dividend 3k | GE BrandsMart 1k | GE Lowes 8.5k | Discover Walmart 7.5k | Barclays Apple 2.5k | BoA CR 2.7k | CSP 7.2k | Platinum Prestige 5k | IT Chrome 4k | Slate 2.3k |
Message 4 of 11
blink182
Established Member

Thanks for the warning!
Message 5 of 11
armbenderc
Valued Contributor

@blink182 wrote:

Hey Fico Friends......just wanted to let you know of a positive experience I've just had with Credit One.  I received a pre-approval a little over a month ago in my mailbox, and was excited to get more unsecured credit.  

They approved me with a limit of $400.  I've used the card for all of my purchases, and paid the balance in full each week.  I've only had the card in my possession for about 30 days, and this morning I noticed a little bump in my score....and after a little sleuthing found that Credit One raised my limit to $550 without me even asking!!!!

The only thing I don't like about the card (other than the fees that come with subprime) is that you can only make 4 payments in a month. however, this quick CLI just made me happy to make it the number one card in my wallet (my Capitol One $300 unsecured has stayed at that same limit for 2 years without an ncrease even though I've asked for one).

Just keeping you in the loop,

9/2012  USAA scores EXP 525/TU 543/EQU 560

11/2012 USAA scores EXP 640/TU 610/EQU 607

Congrats. I still have CreditOne (don't ask why) with 0 balance. I have since '08. It got me to where I am. Four years ago, I can only get secured card but decided not to. However, CreditOne was only one that offer me unsecured. I havn't use it for 2-3 years, just paying the $8.25 monthly fee, which is getting old and I will cancel it this Monday Smiley Surprised

2013 Approvals: Discover IT - 3/1, Amex BCE - 3/4, CSP - 5/4, Barclay Ring - 6/12, BoA Privileges Cash - 6/27, Citi TY Preferred - 8/6, OCCU Duck - 11/4, USBank (Cash+) - 11/22, Wells Fargo - 12/21, Nordstrom - 12/29

12/19/2013, $100k+ Available Credit. Total Util: 0-1%
Message 6 of 11
irving_magik
Regular Contributor

That's a great way to start building your credit, but I would try to ditch them as soon as possible. Congrats! 

Fico Scores: TU 700 (10/12/2016) EQ 729 (10/01/2016) EX 713 (10/01/16)

AMEX BCP $25,000 (opened 09/2012) - Citi TYP $12,000 (opened 12/2012) Chase Sapphire Preffered $6000 (opened 09/2012)
Message 7 of 11
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

First congrat.......very nice but as the other post mention they charge interest from day one on everything even purchase. Please paid cash or using capital one for other purpose otherwise you deep down paid interest every billing cycle. I stop using their card when i first find out they doing that.

I need to cancel them ASAP . When the best time to cancel ??? i have it in June maybe cancel in March or April ???Simply call in or request by mail ??? I scared of this company would ruin my credit.

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 800
Message 8 of 11
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@beb86 wrote:

Just be aware that there is no grace period.so unless you immediately pay your balance in full after you use your card you will be charged interest.

Big reason why this card is extremely subprime.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 9 of 11
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the CLI!

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.