Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DCU CLI

tag
ficojoe
Frequent Contributor

DCU CLI

How long after a new account is created should one wait to ask for a CLI from DCU? How often is it wise to ask?

Does DCU ever do automatic CLIs?

I want to avoid a FR. My income is only 36k. DCU gave me $7,500 as a starting limit. would a CLI request trigger a FR?

When I bought a car recently, DCU said that income verification was not required because of my FICO score being high enough (low 700s).

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: DCU CLI

The one person I know likely would be able to answer this question hasn't logged in for the past month.

That was the only individual that I recall on this forum gave a response when I was looking into reactiving my DCU account; since then quite a few people have joined and obtained cards, but I don't know there's enough data from longer-term cardholders to answer the question conclusively.

Think Google is your friend in this scenario.

As a point of technicality, FR is Amex specific; DCU while more documentation-intensive than most other lending organizations doesn't to my knowledge have the same "stop-the-world" inquiry process that Amex does.  Also even in the Amex case, if you get a FR for a CLI, you can simply not choose to submit it and simply the CLI gets denied not your whole card suspended in this instance.

Hard to tell with DCU, they wanted income verification for me for a secured card.... seriously? Smiley Happy

        
Message 2 of 7
eviLution
Established Contributor

I was told to wait a year before I could ask for a CLI. In the SD it goes....I'll abuse my Discover instead.

DCU Platinum: 4000 - Discover IT: 11000 - Walmart: 5000 - AMEX BCP: 18000 - Chase Freedom VS: 5000
in the garden since 1/24/14 - #GARDENSTRONG
Message 3 of 7
jsickz32
Valued Contributor

I opened my account in 10/12. I started with 7500 then about a month later while looking to do a BT they matched my NFCU CL to 10k. And around 12/12 i asked for a cli and was approved for a cli of 7500. It was a HP and i did it online.
Amex BCE (2500) / Amex SPG (4000) / Amex GoldPR / Merrill+ Visa siggy (5000) / BofA Amex (6000) / Bofa cash rewards (5000) / BofA Privileges Cash Rewards (5000) / Citi Forward (4400) / Citi DP (2000) / Chase Freedom (4000) / Chase CSP (5000) / Chase Hyatt (5000) / Discover IT (1700) / FNBO AMEX (3600) / NFCU cashRewards Visa signature (15000) / NFCU Flagship Visa signature (12500) / NFCU Navcheck (5000) / Nordstrom (500) / MetroCU Visa Elite (5000) / Walmart (4500) / Kays Jewerels (6600) / Kohls (300) / Macys Platinum (2500) / DCU platinum Visa (17500) / Citizens bank cash back (1100) / Bill Me Later (1631) / PayPal Smart connect (2200) / BestBuy store card (2000)
Message 4 of 7
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Yeah I did a little looking and it appears to generally be customer generated hard pull.

In happier news there was a post on DCU's website that they may unsecure with a HP, wonder if they keep tradeline history, going to have to call on that one Smiley Wink.

        
Message 5 of 7
ficojoe
Frequent Contributor

I'm surprised it is a HP. I got an auto loan from DCU without a hard pull. I assumed DCU works like AmEx. They email me my FICO once a month, thought that would be enough checking my credit for them. Sounds like that isn't the case on a CLI. I'll wait about a year or call them when 6 months comes across. 

Message 6 of 7
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@ficojoe wrote:

I'm surprised it is a HP. I got an auto loan from DCU without a hard pull. I assumed DCU works like AmEx. They email me my FICO once a month, thought that would be enough checking my credit for them. Sounds like that isn't the case on a CLI. I'll wait about a year or call them when 6 months comes across. 

May have been a pre-approval or something combined; I know my auto loan definitely resulted in an inquiry on EQ.

        
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.