Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DCU Platinum

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

DCU Platinum

Approved for (only) 1k along with the pull for my 20k auto loan. I'll take it for now! How is DCU with CLI? I hope they're good.
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
s_haliz
Valued Contributor

Re: DCU Platinum

Congrats!!!! 

TU FICO 850 | EQ FICO 850 I EX FICO 850
Message 2 of 16
alvon123
Super Contributor

congrats

Message 3 of 16
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Approved for (only) 1k along with the pull for my 20k auto loan. I'll take it for now! How is DCU with CLI? I hope they're good.

Congrats on your approval Smiley Happy

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 4 of 16
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Congrats! Thanks for sharing.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 5 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your dual success!
Message 6 of 16
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Congrats! Thanks for sharing

Message 7 of 16
Grover627
New Contributor

I just posted this in its own thread, but it certainly applies here as well, so I will repost. Congrats!

A bit of background about me:

* To escape a bad marriage and my ex-wife's reckless spending, I declared ch. 7 bk, which discharged on 4/2012. At the time of my bk7, my FICO scores were in the 530 range.

* Since bk7, I have no lates, and have built my current FICO scores up to the upper 600's.

* My other cards are Cap. One QS $4500, Cap. One QS One $1500, Barclay Rewards $4800, Logix CU $5000, Merrick $900, Lowes $5000, Cap One Jordans $10000, Cap. One Kohls $400, Loft Store card $550, Solutions store card $550

* My utilization is a bit high right now, at around 40%. This is mainly from moving expenses, and will be paid down in the fall.

* I have about 15 total INQ, 12 of which are in the past 12 months.

* I was approved for a mortgage 2 years to the day of my bk7, and closed on a great house on May 29h.

So in June, 2013, I opened a checking account with DCU with the intention of refinancing my auto loan with them. While I was getting approved for a 3.99% auto loan rate, the DCU banker asked if I wanted a DCU credit card. At the time, they could only approve me for a limit oof $500. I accepted it as it was a low-interest rate card (non-rewards), and I figured it would grow.

I returned to DCU in January, 2014, to see about lowering my auto rate again (which they did lower to 1.99%. Since they had to pull my credit again for that, I asked if they could give me a CLI. They gave me a new limit of $1000... beter than nothing, but not what I was hoping to see since I did all my banking with them. The lady I spoke with said that DCU liked to see a solid year of responsible use before considering a bigger increase.

So I called DCU last Thursday, about 14 months after I opened my account, to inquire about their policy in regard to CLIs. I was told that all their CLIs were customer-initiated. I asked for an increase, and when they said how much, I asked for $10000, figuring they would counter much lower. I almost fell over when they came back with an APPROVAL for the entire amount!!

So good, responsible card use, and a good deal of patience has resulted in my DCU credit card limit being raised 20X it's original limit in just 14 months! How awesome is that!!

I know DCU can be tough occasionally in their membership process. However, once in, they treat you like GOLD! 

Message 8 of 16
wacdenney
Valued Contributor

@Grover627 wrote:

I just posted this in its own thread, but it certainly applies here as well, so I will repost. Congrats!

A bit of background about me:

* To escape a bad marriage and my ex-wife's reckless spending, I declared ch. 7 bk, which discharged on 4/2012. At the time of my bk7, my FICO scores were in the 530 range.

* Since bk7, I have no lates, and have built my current FICO scores up to the upper 600's.

* My other cards are Cap. One QS $4500, Cap. One QS One $1500, Barclay Rewards $4800, Logix CU $5000, Merrick $900, Lowes $5000, Cap One Jordans $10000, Cap. One Kohls $400, Loft Store card $550, Solutions store card $550

* My utilization is a bit high right now, at around 40%. This is mainly from moving expenses, and will be paid down in the fall.

* I have about 15 total INQ, 12 of which are in the past 12 months.

* I was approved for a mortgage 2 years to the day of my bk7, and closed on a great house on May 29h.

So in June, 2013, I opened a checking account with DCU with the intention of refinancing my auto loan with them. While I was getting approved for a 3.99% auto loan rate, the DCU banker asked if I wanted a DCU credit card. At the time, they could only approve me for a limit oof $500. I accepted it as it was a low-interest rate card (non-rewards), and I figured it would grow.

I returned to DCU in January, 2014, to see about lowering my auto rate again (which they did lower to 1.99%. Since they had to pull my credit again for that, I asked if they could give me a CLI. They gave me a new limit of $1000... beter than nothing, but not what I was hoping to see since I did all my banking with them. The lady I spoke with said that DCU liked to see a solid year of responsible use before considering a bigger increase.

So I called DCU last Thursday, about 14 months after I opened my account, to inquire about their policy in regard to CLIs. I was told that all their CLIs were customer-initiated. I asked for an increase, and when they said how much, I asked for $10000, figuring they would counter much lower. I almost fell over when they came back with an APPROVAL for the entire amount!!

So good, responsible card use, and a good deal of patience has resulted in my DCU credit card limit being raised 20X it's original limit in just 14 months! How awesome is that!!

I know DCU can be tough occasionally in their membership process. However, once in, they treat you like GOLD! 

How much usage did you run through the card during those 14 months?  I just got approved for the Platinum Visa with a 4k starting limit basically because I wanted the monthly EQ FICO score.  With no rewards, I have no idea what I'm going to end up using it for, but if it takes heavier usage to see those 5 figure CLs, I will find something!

Message 9 of 16
tommywerdine
Regular Contributor

Congrats!!! Smiley Happy

My Wallet: NFCU cashRewards $10k | TobyHanna FCU $10k | Black Card $5k | NFCU goRewards $2.5k | Citi Diamond Preferred $2k | DCU Plat Rewards $2k | Huntington Voice $1250 | AmEx Delta $1k | Cap1 QS $300 | Cap1 Secured $500 | J Crew $4.9k | Walmart $2.5k | Kay $1k | Jareds $1k | HomeDepot $1k | FingerHut $900 | Macys $800 | Phillips66 $750 | Buckle $300 | Express $250 In The Garden Since: August 4, 2014. TU FICO: 711 (via Walmart) | EQ FICO: 699 | EX FICO: 677 Goals:700+ on all three.
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.