Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DCU Platinum

tag
Grover627
New Contributor

Re: DCU Platinum

With such a low limit, I couldn't run too much through it. I always would run a few hundred dollars each month on the card, and paid in full about half the time. One important thing to note about the DCU card- you are able to transfer $ from your card to your checking fee free to pay other cards... so in essence it is like a fee free BT- very useful!

Message 11 of 16
wacdenney
Valued Contributor

@Grover627 wrote:

With such a low limit, I couldn't run too much through it. I always would run a few hundred dollars each month on the card, and paid in full about half the time. One important thing to note about the DCU card- you are able to transfer $ from your card to your checking fee free to pay other cards... so in essence it is like a fee free BT- very useful!

Sweet!  Thank you for your reply.  Mine is on its way.  I've been stalking the mailman every day...

Message 12 of 16
MissMoni223
Senior Contributor

CONGRATS!!!

Gardening Until Further Notice
15 Credit Cards (12 Major Banks & 3 Store Cards)
Message 13 of 16
Tony275
Valued Contributor

Congrats!!

Mine's getting heavy usage, plus they're running a little added benefit with 1% cash back on every purchase through September I believe! That's nice, reward goes straight to the checking account I have with them!

From what I've read on these forums, DCU lets you ask for a CLI with a HP after 12 months! But they're VERY generous!

Starting Score: (June 2014) TU08: 663 | EQ04: 640 | EX08: 685
Current Score: TU08: 757 | EQ04/08: 757/758 | EX08: 761
Goal Score: 800 across the board

Total Credit Line - $186,050 | Utilization - 16.8%
Message 14 of 16
wacdenney
Valued Contributor

The wierd thing to me is having to wait for the snail mail before you can access your account online.  I don't understand why they couldn't include the member number in my approval email or at least via secure message.  When I asked they said I had to wait.

Message 15 of 16
Kevin5974
Frequent Contributor

@Grover627 wrote:

Seems extremely risky when considering your limit now, huh?

Starting Score: 475
Current Score: 649
Goal Score: 690

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.