Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DCU VISA PLATINUM STORY

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

DCU VISA PLATINUM STORY

I applied for the membership, transfered 7 figures in both their checking and savings account. When the money was in the account. I applied for their DCU Visa Platinum card. I was delined by the loan officer, becuase he said my report was 5 months old and we can't approved you until your report is updated. He wanted to run my experian, even though my experian score is 40pts higher than my Equifax. I would not allow a double pull. So I was declined. So I called Equifax, my score currently:

7 inquiries

0 Collections

15% Credit Utilization

I called today to speak with another loan officer and ask that i was denied and is there anything I need to do to get approved. She checked my report and said I had too many inquiries. I said that I thought my report was 5 months old! She said no you just have too many inquiries. So I said is their anything you can do. She told me I can reapply in 6 months. My reply was heartbreaking, "can you cancel my membership and close my account please". Her reply was priceless, great news you are approved for 35K and i initally ask for 10K. Would you like to accept this offer! No thank you, just closed my accounts please and cancel my memberships. Her reply, "is there anything we can do to make you a high valuable customer". No, you can mail me my checks. Loan officer response, my supervisor would like to speak with you, could you hold on. My response, I don't want to speak with anyone. I want my account closed and cancel my mebership.

Which I just could have transfered out, but I want the manager to take notice of why we are mailing a customer a check for 8 figures.

After it was all said done. They lost a customer, if they would have did their due diligence in the beginning all of this would have been avoided and 7 inquiries is too many inquiries. Ok!

Heard great things about them thats why I applied with them, no hard feeling though!

I love being me!!!!!!! Penfed, USAA, NavyFederal or the best CU for customer looking for high limits and and decent credit scores, as long as your income can back up the amount you are asking for no problem at anyone of them!!!!!

Message 1 of 40
39 REPLIES 39
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Re: DCU VISA PLATINUM STORY

@Anonymouswrote:

I applied for the membership, transfered 7 figures in both their checking and savings account. When the money was in the account. I applied for their DCU Visa Platinum card. I was delined by the loan officer, becuase he said my report was 5 months old and we can't approved you until your report is updated. He wanted to run my experian, even though my experian score is 40pts higher than my Equifax. I would not allow a double pull. So I was declined. So I called Equifax, my score currently:

7 inquiries

0 Collections

15% Credit Utilization

I called today to speak with another loan officer and ask that i was denied and is there anything I need to do to get approved. She checked my report and said I had too many inquiries. I said that I thought my report was 5 months old! She said no you just have too many inquiries. So I said is their anything you can do. She told me I can reapply in 6 months. My reply was heartbreaking, "can you cancel my membership and close my account please". Her reply was priceless, great news you are approved for 35K and i initally ask for 10K. Would you like to accept this offer! No thank you, just closed my accounts please and cancel my memberships. Her reply, "is there anything we can do to make you a high valuable customer". No, you can mail me my checks. Loan officer response, my supervisor would like to speak with you, could you hold on. My response, I don't want to speak with anyone. I want my account closed and cancel my mebership.

Which I just could have transfered out, but I want the manager to take notice of why we are mailing a customer a check for 8 figures.

After it was all said done. They lost a customer, if they would have did their due diligence in the beginning all of this would have been avoided and 7 inquiries is too many inquiries. Ok!

Heard great things about them thats why I applied with them, no hard feeling though!

I love being me!!!!!!! Penfed, USAA, NavyFederal or the best CU for customer looking for high limits and and decent credit scores, as long as your income can back up the amount you are asking for no problem at anyone of them!!!!!

You "transfered 7 figures in both their checking and savings account"???? What do you need DCU's platinum card for?

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 691

Message 2 of 40
howellco2
Frequent Contributor

My story is about the same except Penn Fed shot me down and DCU gave me a loan and CC.. moving my direct deposit over to them and see how it goes

MAJOR BANK CARDS Amex BC 15k, Amex CM 1500, Amex Delta 1k, BB&T Travel 4500, BBVA 6900, CAP1QS 2600, Discover 3300, Marvel MC 6000, Wells Fargo CR 4500, Blispay 2k
CREDIT UNION CARDS DCU 2k , Robbins 10k, United1st 5k
STORE CARDS Amazon 10k, Home Depot 5k, PayPal 4k, Walmart 6k, Lowes 12k
Message 3 of 40
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@howellco2wrote:
My story is about the same except Penn Fed shot me down and DCU gave me a loan and CC.. moving my direct deposit over to them and see how it goes

And did you also have an 8-figure sum on deposit?

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 691

Message 4 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes 8 figure total for checking and saving together.

What did your credit file look like at the time you app with PenFed?

Message 5 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

I dont need them. I have checking account with all the major bank in the US and about 20 credit unions.........FDIC insured up 250K........I just can put all of my eggs in one basket........

Message 6 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

So you transferred in seven figures and DCU is sending you a check for eight figures?  Now I have to look into opening an account with DCU because that would be a phenomenal interest rate.

Message 7 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is that 7 and 8 figures with or without the decimal point? And shouldn’t your money be with JP Morgan or Merrill Lynch?
Message 8 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

I request for my deposits to be mail back to me. I didn't have any outgoing bank tied to account and wire transfer they would have just collect fees for that, so I requested them to mail checks that all. DCU might be good for you all and I'm not saying they the worst......I applied for Alliant  the same day for membership made a deposit and they called me with preapprover offers after my transfered cleared.......so some customer need a little more attention than other........... but all of sudden I'm approved when I wasn't at first and then there nothing they can do about it. It's kind of hilarious. Thats all...... then I only ask for $10,000.Maybe someone can tell me how all of sudden i'm approve when i was denied by 2 loan officers........

Message 9 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

So what process did you use to transfer the 7 figure amounts to DCU if you didn't have another bank account linked to your account with them?  Did you mail checks to DCU?

@Anonymouswrote:

I request for my deposits to be mail back to me. I didn't have any outgoing bank tied to account and wire transfer they would have just collect fees for that, so I requested them to mail checks that all. DCU might be good for you all and I'm not saying they the worst......I applied for Alliant  the same day for membership made a deposit and they called me with preapprover offers after my transfered cleared.......so some customer need a little more attention than other........... but all of sudden I'm approved when I wasn't at first and then there nothing they can do about it. It's kind of hilarious. Thats all...... then I only ask for $10,000.Maybe someone can tell me how all of sudden i'm approve when i was denied by 2 loan officers........

Message 10 of 40
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.