Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DELTA SKYMILES Declined

tag
911gt34life
Frequent Contributor

DELTA SKYMILES Declined

i just apply for PREMIER REWARDS GOLD and DELTA SKYMILES Both Declined look like my costco card going to lose it.

my EX score was 650 i seen people getting those card with 650 score i guess close my amex costco or wait for them to close it.

>
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: DELTA SKYMILES Declined

I believe I read somewhere that the Amex/Costco card will be replaced with a Citi Visa. So, I don't think there's a need to close it, imo.

Message 2 of 7
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Sorry to hear the denial although they should be SP if that is any help..  I would keep the Amex for now as it might be converted to a Citi card still.  What were the reasons for your denial?

Message 3 of 7
911gt34life
Frequent Contributor

i have no idea what is reason keep saying  Sorry, your application cannot be accessed. Please try again later.

>
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@911gt34life wrote:

i have no idea what is reason keep saying  Sorry, your application cannot be accessed. Please try again later.

That link never works you will just have to wait for the letter in the mail.

Message 5 of 7
NRB525
Super Contributor

OP, sorry to hear about the denial. As CC notes, hopefully it is a SP decline.

I would not close the AMEX Costco card. There are still several months to go before the final answer is known; what happens to the AMEX Costco cards, what happens with the new Citi Costco card. Keep your current card open until that definite result is known. That will only be after April 1 2016 some time.

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@911gt34life wrote:

i just apply for PREMIER REWARDS GOLD and DELTA SKYMILES Both Declined look like my costco card going to lose it.

my EX score was 650 i seen people getting those card with 650 score i guess close my amex costco or wait for them to close it.

650 is definitely on the very low end for AMEX approval.  A few people might get through based on the income or other available credit, but I think AMEX likes to see scores at least 20 points higher than that.  I know I was at 674 when I got approved for my BCE, and it was definitely a close approval.  If you check the Credit Pulls database, you can get a better idea of the typical scores for that card.  Don't be too discouraged, though.  You'll get through eventually.  

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.