cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DGF Citi ATT Approval and SPG amex Pending. What next to get..

tag
lukepwnsall
Regular Contributor

DGF Citi ATT Approval and SPG amex Pending. What next to get..

So my GF just got her autoloan and a new car so we thought its a good time for an app spree.

So far Approved for Citi ATT at 2k.

SPG Amex is still pending.

Thinking Arrival+ although the nerf is a bit upsetting

maybe another citi card. Possibly AA

any other ideas? 

Chase is probably a no go. shes opened 2 cards with them past 6months (CSP and United).

Her Fico is around 705EQ 700EX AND 715TU.
No baddies or anyhting like that.

TU 786 (10/23) EQ 794 (10/23) EX 773 (10/23)
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

Re: DGF Citi ATT Approval and SPG amex Pending. What next to get..

The only thing I would add is that if Citi approved a cobranded card at 2k, I wouldn't test the waters for another app with them, personally.
Message 2 of 4
lukepwnsall
Regular Contributor

@Kenny wrote:
The only thing I would add is that if Citi approved a cobranded card at 2k, I wouldn't test the waters for another app with them, personally.

Ya that makes sense. although She does still show preapprovals throgh Citis website. SHe also shows Preapprovals for CapOne, However she had gotten 2 cap one cards 2 months ago 10k Venture and 3k QS. Dont know if she should jump on the V1 or maybe the Prestige at 15.9APR. still looking into it.
she would probably get the Citi Double Cash or AA Plat if she went with Citi. 
Also Chase shows no Prequal, as well as US bank.

TU 786 (10/23) EQ 794 (10/23) EX 773 (10/23)
Message 3 of 4
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Citi's computers take their time to update. So her new AT&T card may not even be factored into what the pre qualifier says. Kenny is right, I wouldn't test the waters with another Citi app immediately.

If she's pre approved with Cap1 even with the new card 2 months ago, is probably a good indicator she would be approved.

US Bank pre qualifier is next to worthless and unless you have some type of existing banking relationship with them, wouldn't even bother until scores are around mid-700.

She probably has a good shot at something from Barclays. Arrival+ probably has the best bonus from their offering. I never kept mine for over a year though so it depends on use and long term objectives if you want it for the bonus or for the long haul.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.