cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DID NOT expect a Discover It APPROVAL!!! (update pg 2)

tag
jagshere
Regular Contributor

Re: DID NOT expect a Discover It APPROVAL!!!

Congratulations!

12/28 EX 745( FAKO)
12/28 DCU 742 FICO
12/28 WM TU 796 FICO
Walmart Discover 15k |CSP 14.4k | Penfed Cash Rewards 9k |DCU 7.5k | Chase Freedom 8k | FNFG 5k | Discover 6.4k| BOA 4k | BCE 3k

Message 11 of 28
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats! Discover is an awesome card!
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 12 of 28
PleioneG
Regular Contributor

So a bit of an update. Called the recon line and I was declined due to too many inquiries. Discover, Amazon, and Walmart all within a few months. Along with one credit agency pull. I had to call THREE TIMES but used the information each rep gave me to better sell myself to the next rep I got. Finally I got a lady who put me on hold for a bit after asking a few questions. Had to explain about a judgment that was paid some years back and finally confirming the address. She said she was going to put in for a conditional approval for a limit of $500 and that I would need to call the verification number on Monday.

Is this it? Does that mean I am approved?! Should I start celebrating?!

BK7 Discharge: 2/18.
Message 13 of 28
chnceit
Valued Contributor

@PleioneG wrote:

So a bit of an update. Called the recon line and I was declined due to too many inquiries. Discover, Amazon, and Walmart all within a few months. Along with one credit agency pull. I had to call THREE TIMES but used the information each rep gave me to better sell myself to the next rep I got. Finally I got a lady who put me on hold for a bit after asking a few questions. Had to explain about a judgment that was paid some years back and finally confirming the address. She said she was going to put in for a conditional approval for a limit of $500 and that I would need to call the verification number on Monday.

Congrats! I would be celebrating for sure! 

Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Message 14 of 28
PleioneG
Regular Contributor

@chnceit wrote:

@PleioneG wrote:

Congrats! I would be celebrating for sure! 

You're right! Called again just to confirm and they said as long as we do the verification thing Monday, we're good to go. AHHH SO EXCITED!

Could not have done it without the forums. I remember coming here worried about our auto loan and here we are months later stoked over a prime card. I'm so ready to take the next big challenge in two years.

Message 15 of 28
CribDuchess
Established Contributor

Glad to hear of your approval. Smiley Happy  Don't forget to enroll in the quarterly 5% rewards when you set up your accounts online.  Chase has 5% cash back on gas and drugstores for this first quarter of 2013.  Good timing on the drugstore rewards since flu season is upon us!

When you applied for the Freedom, were they offering the $100 cash back for spending $500 in your first 3 months?  That's the offer they had back in November when I did my app.

Again, congrats on your approvals - nicely done!

FICOs: TU08 842 EQ08 850 EX08 850

My Wallet: Amex Gold NPSL; Amex Optima Platinum $25K; Amex BCE $12K; Apple Card $20K; BofA Travel Rewards Visa Sig $67.6K; Cap1 Quicksilver Visa Sig $10K; CSP $28.2K; Chase Freedom $13K; Chase Freedom Unlimited $21.4K; Citi Costco Visa $19.3K; Citi Double Cash $13.5K; Citi Simplicity Visa $23.3K; Discover IT $50K; Fidelity Visa $25K; NFCU Flagship Visa Sig $40K; NFCU More Rewards Amex $30K; PenFed Plat Rewards Visa Sig $50K; Sears MC $10.1K; US Bank Altitude Go Visa Sig $20K; US Bank Cash+ Visa Sig $26K; Wells Fargo Rewards Visa Sig $14K
Message 16 of 28
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 17 of 28
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

Re: DID NOT expect a Discover It APPROVAL!!! (update pg 2)

Congratulations! Those are a couple of very nice cards, and I'm so happy to hear that the recon worked out for you. Take good care of them, and enjoy!

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 18 of 28
PleioneG
Regular Contributor

Thank you, everyone! I really owe it all to this site.

Message 19 of 28
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

congrats!

seem to be a lot of Discover approvals recently

Learning from my past and rebuilding..

BK discharged 1/10/17
scores: EQ 659 | TU 630 | EX 659

QS 3.8K | WF 500 | Cabela's 3k | ACU 500 |

Message 20 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.